Wednesday 9 April 2008

Changing lanes

So my new life as a semi-professional swimmer gets off to a great start.

Up at 7.30am, I am in the pool at 8.

I remember why I used to enjoy coming in the mornings and that's because Jack is there. Jack is one of the men I'm going to marry. I love him but he doesn't love me. Yet.

Actually Jack doesn't even know me but let's not let ignorance stand in the way of our romance.

Back in September I had a very close encounter with Jack which you can read about here.

This morning, again, Jack is there as he is every morning, looking as hot as ever.

If you can make it to my gym at 7.30am, you will see Jack.

Anyway, I go and swim.

I have to say though, it's becoming like a goddam civil war in the fast lane.

This morning we had middle-aged woman doing bloody breast-stroke and average-body man doing crawl.

Average-man was quite fast except his left leg kicked above the water so every time his foot went in, it went "ka-plonk" and splashed.

When you're training for gold, it's these little things that can really fuck-up your training session.

Anyway, because the gym pool is a little over a metre deep I have decided to scout for other venues to train and now I'm bored of talking about this.

Ohmygod. In other news, I only have two months left of being 29. Ohmygod, I'm turning 30. Panic, panic.

Okay panic over. Fuck.

Finally, do you want to hear something really weird? Like it's just a great example of how our world is shrinking and it's all just weird?

So I got a text this morning from my mum.

It's basically, "were you doing something with pigs on the TV a few weeks ago"?

Of course the answer to this is yes, we were out in a field shooting a sequence that involved pigs and we were up to our knees in mud and crap.

I was lying on the ground with the cameraman, sound recordist and lighting guy with his boards, trying to get this pig to sniff the camera lens.

Of course, if you don't know the saying then learn it now. Never work with animals or children.

Here's what happens.

"And cue the piggies running towards the camera. As if the camera is a dead body that the pigs are going to destroy."

"Come on little piggy. Sniff the fucking camera. Be menacing and sniff the fucking camera for fucks' sake."

The pig splutters and does what seems to be a sneeze.

"Oh you fucking cunt animal."

"Is there mud on the lens?"

"Ah for fucks' sake."

"Stupid fucking thing"

"Cut - hold on, we've got mud on the lens because the fucking thing sneezed."

"Bastard."

"Yeah - we're going to have to take it off and clean it. Fuck."

So my mum and dad are sat watching this out-takes programme on TV in Cape Town, with a glass of wine and who pops up?

Me in a red cap swilling around in a pig farm on a cold spring day swearing like a fish wife.

It's weird how the world turns.

And thank god they've only seen the pigs out-take. I hope they don't accidentally end up watching Heavy Homo Spunkers 4 - Dripping Facials.

I don't think my mother would be texting me the next morning.

6 comments:

MadeInScotland said...

BvQ: what has happened to your eyes? They've gone all Dr Who. Three times over. Maybe it's only me.

Oh god, I feel I've been here before.

Ahoj ;)

ps there is seriously something wrong with your aura...whenever you pic, it always goes pixellated somewhere. But like all good detectives we too have photoshop and we can re-build bionic bobby!

David said...

Where can one get a copy of HHS4-DF? This would be out of pure curiosity, naturally, to see if this sequel stands up artistically to the outstanding trilogy that was Heavy Homo Spunkers 1, 2 & 3. Thank you.

dickophile said...

is jack gay? can you tell? perhaps this is one of those times where sex in the gym is okay. just catch him in the sauna after a really grueling work out and offer him a little relief.

Robert said...

You are just so God-Damn funny!
Heavy Homo Spunkers 4 - Dripping Facials!
Laughed my ass off!
Ta - Robert

Bobby Vanquish said...

Czech: It's my aura man! Those damn pixels, especially over my eyes. You think it's bad having to look at my pixellated eyes? You want to see what it looks like from the other side! Everything's square and blurred. Maybe I should go to Specsavers ;-)

Bolt-me-up: 4 was a let down, I promise. It didn't quite have the depth of 1 and 2. Maybe I should arrange a viewing of this. You should come around. Bring popcorn. And knee pads.

Dick: Oh god, we can't talk about Jack actually. I CANNOT for the life of me work it out. He's got an amazing body but.. I don't know. I have never had the problem with my Gaydar as I'm having with him.

Rob-bobbity-bob: Funny?! I just report the facts, as you know!

Anonymous said...

Filming a TV programme in a pig sty - can't but help but think of Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason. You didnt find Mark Darcy while you were out there did you?