Saturday 5 April 2008

Okay, I admit...

So first can I show you something intriguing?

Yes, sometimes I like to have a look-see and investigate who's reading my rubbish.

Look at this data on a visitor that the stat machine threw out at me...

The Pope's been reading my blog. Holy shit!

The mind boggles...I mean, what do you think he was looking at?

Dear Mr Pope

I'm just Bobby in London but if you could lay off the anti-gay stuff that you sometimes preach, that would be quite cool.

Also, I found this picture of the last Pope. It's quite old but can you please look at the guy to the right of Il Papi. What a hottie.

If there are guys knocking around the Vatican who look like this, please could you send them to me.

Thanks and no disrespect. Yeah?

Bobster x x

PS. If you ever decide to flog this thing off...

...please let me know, cause I'd be happy to take it. I think it's beautiful.

Did you know that Michaelangelo was a fairy-boy? But let's not talk about that. Ok bye.


So anyway. Remember I told you about Guapo, my plant?

Well, Patsy e-mailed to say that he thought his Plant Without A Name should get together with mine.

Here is a picture of them meeting. We reckon they like each other.

No, we're not mad. This is totally normal, isn't it?

Can I admit something to you?

But you have to promise that you won't say anything to anyone else.

Do you have a CD that you're mortally embarrassed about but enjoy listening to?

This is really bad, okay...

When I was young my mum bought this record of "popera", like pop and opera mixed. It was worse than Hooked on Classics (anyone remember that?)

I used to listen to it - and we're talking when I was about 9 or ten years old - and love it.

The other day, I don't know why it sprung into my head but I suddenly thought "god, whatever happened to Kimera?"

I'm almost ashamed to say this but I have managed to find and download Kimera's album The Lost Opera, the record I used to love as a kid. I've been listening to it to death.

Have you ever heard of Kimera (kim-aira)?

She's this Korean operatic singer who put together a medley of opera standards and jazzed them up with techno-ish style music.

I say techno-ish style - this was in 1984/5.

It sounds bad, yes. But check her out...

I put together the montage picture of some of her album covers. Now can you see why I'm coy about admitting my latest obsession?

High-pitched operatic screeching, all that fucking make-up. No wonder things turned out the way they did.

Am I the only person who's ever heard of this woman?

Please don't let me be alone in this wilderness.

Actually. Speaking of music, I noticed this on my iPod while going through my song list.

Ten men - Morcheeba
9PM Till I Come - ATB
8 Letters - Holmes Ives
7 - Prince and the New Power Generation
Six Feet Under - No Doubt
5 Years - Bjork
4 Leaf Clover - Anna Savage
3AM Eternal - The KLF
2 Good 2 Be True - Deborah Cox
#1 Crush - Garbage

10 comments:

MadeInScotland said...

BV or is it BvQ,,these days I don't know.

As you might remember, best friend lives in Warsaw now.

87% of the guys that he introduces me to are very handsome priests (I kid you not). 73% of them sleep with him, without the dog collar. Vilcom a varsavie

ahoj

rickisimus2 said...

Kimera is very famous in Spain but not because her voice: she has a daughter (Melodie Nakachian) and when she was a little girl (about 6 y.o.) was kidnapped in November 1987.

Spain was completely shocked by this kidnapping. She was rescued by the police some weeks later.

Kimera is married (well, at least she was married in those years)with a "business man" (nobody knows what are his business): Mr. Raymond Nakachian (born Lebanese).

You can see them in a recent pic taken during a TV late night show:
http://www.jesusquintero.com/quintero/manager/cgeneral/fotos/5928RaimondyKimera.jpg

London Preppy said...

I give you:

10 Storey Love Song - The Stone Roses
99 Red Balloons - Nena (almost counts)
8 Letters - Holmes Ives (sorry, a double)
Seven - James
Six - Mansun
Five get overexcited - The Housemartins
4 Minutes - M*****a
3 Weeks - Tiga
2:1 - Elastica
# 1 Da Woman - Tricky

Bobby Vanquish said...

czech: This happens in Warsaw you say? Hmm... I see BA fly there actually. I have always thought of taking a man of the cloth amongst the clothes...

Rik: Ohmygod - who knew! It was actually on some dodgy Spanish language website that I found her album. How funny - you should listen to her music. That's even funnier.

London P: yes - this is actually quite funny because I especially didn't list 4 minutes because I know others would have it.
But 99 Red balloons and 2:1 is also a double.
Thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

If you do the original German Language version of 99 red balloons would read as text as neun (9) und neunzig (90) so that is fairly ok.

As a techy i'm impressed to see his holiness uses firefox as his browser of choice.

Talking of totty with a religious bent as it were may I present - http://www.heavenlyhunks.co.uk/2006/calendar2006.htm

I will also admit to having cammed with a Vicar :OP

Monty said...

OMG - all you boys with priests...all the priests here in Oz are old and ugly. How does one track down a hottie priest who's willing to put out with another guy??? ;-)

Pete said...

LOL. I know they're saying the current pope is queer, but methinks you're a hit in the Swiss Guard Barracks.

People who wear such uniforms are probably not averse to some man-on-man action. ;-)

Bobby Vanquish said...

Fleet: So those choirboys aren't that bad actually. And can I ask you about a word you used?
Is camming when you sit in front of a webcam and _ _ _ _ _ ?

Monty: I think most of the priests in the UK are not that attractive. I'm guessing this.

Pete: Yes, bring those Swiss Guard boys to me. Now! I saw Army Spunks 7, I know what happens in the uniform barracks!

Anonymous said...

Camming - doesn't describe a specific "act" apart from appearing on the camera - but on these occaisions it was _______ :OP

Good time had by all

Bobby Vanquish said...

Fleet: Yeah - chatting...?!