Wednesday 26 September 2007

Do as I say

Oh fuck. Oh my god. Seriously - do as I say, don't ever try to do as I did.

So this morning I'm in the gym and Jack, the man I'm going to marry, is there. I leave the shower and a few minutes later he's with me in the changeroom having just got out the shower too.

He's unpacking his clothes, naked and wrapped in a white towel, his olive skin looking even better set against the pale cloth.

This man is seriously hot and makes me weak at the knees.

He's not hugely muscular but is beautifully defined. He has big arms, a sixpack like a radiator grille and the perkiest ass in the world.

So there he's standing, now in his briefs and using the hairdryer to blow-dry the flip-flops he uses in the shower.

If I could wrap you up in my gym bag I would do it, to take you along so that you can see how fit this guy is. Instead I think the next best thing is to try and snap a photo.

I sit on the bench and start to put on my shoes, he's sitting on a stool, looking in the mirror with his back towards me.

Pulling my togbag onto the floor I take out the mobile phone from the side pocket and pull the slide back.

Leaning over, pretending to tie my laces I angle the phone up and push the button. Snap!

Oh fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

The phone's on silent so there is no sound effect but I'd forgotten to turn the flash off.

This massive burst of light ricochets around the changeroom and he starts in the mirror, glancing at me.

It is quite obvious what I've just done. Fuck.

He turns around, gets up and the world quite literally stands deadly still.

Trying not to panic I sat up and just glared at the phone. I pulled a puzzled face and muttered "stupid thing" and tried to throw it nonchalently into my gym bag.

He didn't say anything and carried on.

Very sheepishly I continue getting dressed but he leaves first. I sit down on the bench and wait a bit.

I imagine him at the front desk speaking to the manager going "this guy in the changeroom is taking photos of people".

Fuck, fuck. My gym membership flashes before my eyes.

Taking photos of people in the gym changeroom is pretty-much illegal and you can be reported to police.

Imagine the embarrassment of being caught. Fuck.

About two minutes later I leave, walking slowly out the front door.

There is no-one at reception. I stand and open my protein shake to drink it, to hang around for a while but realise the place is deserted. He obviously hasn't said anything. I have gotten away with it.

It's been years since I had the voice in my head scream "BUSTED!" The last time was getting caught smoking behind the squash court by my Maths teacher.

Getting six of the best from the headmaster is one thing, getting taken down to the police station for outraging public decency is quite another.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. From now I am living the life of a nun!

EDIT: 15.30-ish
I was so stressed at being frog-marched to the local cop-shop that I didn't even bother to check the phone. Gabriel, chabang, Oliver and Mr Anon thank you for pointing out the fucken obvious.

And do you know what!?

Check it out. Here's the moment my respectable criminal record-free life nearly came to an end.

Yeah, I know it's blurred!

If you think you can do any better, come and 'av a go if you think you're tough enough. I'll lend you my gym card and kitbag*.

How hot is he though? If you recognise him, bring him to me. Preferably wrapped in cellophane.

* = this is of course a joke. Bring your own fucken kitbag if you wanna go.

20 comments:

chabang said...

You'd better have a damn good photo of him then.....!

Anonymous said...

So.... Where's the photo??

:-)

Gabriel said...

so do we get to see your husband's photo? you went through so much trouble for it?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to follow the crowd and say I wanna see!

Bobby Vanquish said...

chabang, Gabriel, oliver and Anon: Look what you made me do - I checked the phone and hey presto. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
Fuck, I can't believe how close I came to being caught out! Fuuuuck.

S said...

Sounds like you're probably fucked. In the bad way, of course.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Steve: What do you mean "fucked"? (Massive guilty conscience kicks in...)
When I next go to the gym am I going to be pounced on by The Bill?

Who've you been speaking to and what do you know!? Oh god - my life as a (generally) respectable guy is over.

ANDRE said...

You should hire me as a professional stalker photographer.. I had a very similar crush on a guy at my gym and last summer I managed to sneak these shots of him:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/supereroe/bono2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/supereroe/bono1.jpg

so, do you like my portfolio? do I get the job?

Tales of the City said...

Ok Bobby.. that is seriously not cool.. BUT if he does not report.. there maybe a chance that he does not mind that you have been snapping him.. which means that... he may be inclined your way. Still not good Mr.. I still have'nt forgiven the wanker who stole my sweaty cks (twice) whilst I was in the showers. Grrr.

S.B. said...

Wow...above all, I give you MUCHO credit in snapping the pic. Even a blurry pic.

Anonymous said...

Why not turn off the flash this time for sure and try to get the pic again. Of course, just try to do it outside of the lockerroom so that you won't get in trouble.

London Preppy said...

Which gym do you go to (email me) and I will come take the bloody picture you idiot!

Bobby Vanquish said...

Andre: Your man is way fucken hotter than mine. Hello! Check out those legs. Fit. fit. fit.
Hmmm - actually no - I reckon our husbands should have a fight. I'll bring the splash pool, you bring the oil.

CT: I only snapped a pic. It's not that bad, surely? Of course I wouldn't steal his underwear.
THat's because he never leaves the fukkers lying around.

Silly Billy: It takes balls of steel I tells ya. Balls of goddam steel!

Carl: Mate, once was scary enough. I can't go through the trauma of it again. Unless you're happy to defend me infront of the judge!

LP: I'm away tomorrow but the gym card's under the rock where we leave the key for the maid. And turn the fukken flash off, yeah?

chabang said...

i'm prepared to offer myself as a decoy when you're taking the photo - i could engage him in conversation or drop the soap at the key moment?

Bobby Vanquish said...

chabang: I'm not willing to allow you to be a decoy. there's a risk that he could jump you and not me!
I would then have to be devastated and kill you.
blood on the tiles. hmmm, so fucken difficult to get it out of the grouting. You're welcome to come along, drop the soap and see what you pick up!

Anonymous said...

That could be arranged since I'm an attorney.

Carl

MadeInScotland said...

i thought the resolution was going to be he was outside, waiting, to give you the opportunity to take more intimate, private pics!!

ahoj

Anonymous said...

Raa ! HA HA been a long time since i screamed at the computer, in a funny way. fucking brill bobby, so funny.

But what are the next steps?

dbh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bobby Vanquish said...

Carl: I may have to take you up on this offer if I plan to do it again. I thinking that maybe I might...

Czech: He rides a motorbike so I dunno if I could catch up with him if it was outside?!

Daze: The next step is to find out where he lives and pitch my tent outside his front door.

Post that was removed: Fuck you too!