Wednesday 16 April 2008

Where to now?

It seems to happen to everyone who does this sort of thing.

The truth is you simply run out of things to say. It's what happened to the last blog I did...

You sit down and think, "well...um, yeah?!"

I don't want to say I'm stopping because then you look like an idiot when you start again.
And I don't want to just leave things be because then you may wonder what's happened to me (presumptuous as that is!)

So... I don't really know what to do.

You'll remember I said that if you've never ever left a comment on this blog, I would really appreciate an e-mail just so that I know who you were... and I was completely blown away by the response.

As a result you kind of create a rod for your own back and I think that I'm just being a shit by going "nah - this sucks, I'm giving up."

But I'm sitting here and I have nothing to say.

Today I worked. I went to gym. I travelled on the Central Line. I got home. I unpacked my gym bag, I moved some furniture.
Tomorrow I'm going to work, I have the day off gym and tomorrow night I'm going out for dinner with friends.
Er... I made invitations for my birthday in June and I have decided to bin the car.

And that's that...

It's turning into the non-blog blog.

So... that's what's going on. That's it.

The sum-total of this moment. That is me right now.

That is what this is.

Right now it is just nothing. Just bla. Just...

....sentence after sentence after sentence.

And I have nothing to say. Nothing's making me riled enough to furiously write it down.
Nothing's bothering me.

Right now there is nothing. I have to make my bed, read a book for a while and then go to bed.

And that's all there is to it.

11 comments:

London Preppy said...

I'm drawing from my own experience and writing here, so yeah I might be completely wrong, but I think that...

...it doesn't so much matter what you write, but the way you write it. The people who come back to read your blog don't expect you to join Nasa tomorrow or to go on a killing spree or to have a sex change operation to come up with amazing stories.

As long as you keep writing about your everyday life (even if it's just traveling down the Central Line) in your own unique and amusing style, people will find it interesting.

So there you go. That's what I fink.

dickophile said...

um. im feeling kind of abandoned right now. don't go daddy. please don't go. i know you said you weren't going, but still. i have a bad feeling about this.

Anonymous said...

just lower the posting frequency... write whenever you feel like it.

i guess most people read blogs in a feed reader anyway, so it'll be a nice surprise to see you pop up on my google reader twice or thrice a month...

there'll aways be another holiday with higher posting frequency :-)

Timmy said...

Hey Bobby. I know what you mean. I pressure myself into thinking that I have to put something out there everyday. Somedays there just anything to say...like today. I might post about almost getting hit by a car when I was crossing the street. Sort of exciting in a non-exciting day. Or I could write about my cute neighbor saying hi to me at Starbucks and actually saying my name...I didn't know that he remembered that. Or I could copy my comment on your blog and post it on my blog. :-)

Brad said...

I for one would be very disappointed were you to stop blogging. I don't expect something witty and amusing every day - maybe just every other day! But i look forward to reading your take on things and generally agree with your point of view. Take a rest - but hurry back. Please!

null said...

Do I need to come over there and tell you to buck up buckaroo?

Brechi said...

ooooo i like your new layout.

Anonymous said...

You could branch out into performance art like LP is at the moment if you think your life has become to bland for blogging (ive got that problem as well which is why i've never started a blog) - your Xmas psycho movie went down very well.

I for one will be very dissapointed if you hang up your blogging - I will have to start going through lots of blogs digging among vacuous queens and hetties to find something to read.

Bobby Vanquish said...

London P: So I thought you might have said "bloody hell, not another one of these crises..!" :-)
And do you know - it's just - oh, I dunno.
Maybe I should just ride up and down the Central Line and write about that. I wonder if all humanity exists between Ealing Broadway and Liverpool Street?
Hardly anything happens on the "this train terminates in West Ruislip" end....and I don't know what's past Liverpool Street.

Dick: Don't be silly child. I am here... I am here...

SDF: So hi! once or twice a month! Are you bonkers!? I couldn't shut up for that long.

Timmy: It's not that I have nothing to say, or nothing interesting to say, it's just that at the moment there is nothing in my life. And as hard as I try, I can't fill up a whole page with nothing.

Brad: I don't think I'm not going to stop. It's just it's like - there is nothing in my life at the moment and it's difficult to enthuse about it. The problem is me, not this blog.

Ja: You can come and buck me up anytime ;-)

Brechi: Thanks! x x

Fleet: Yeah, maybe performance art may be an idea... maybe I need to find something genuine to fulfill my time better. As I said, I don't think I'm goig to stop this crap for the moment though. So I guess we're stuck together then.

Anonymous said...

Content is king - but content can be anything. You've been able to generate an audience, maintain it and keep it growing so anything you write will make a good blog.

What do you want to achieve with it? What kind of audience do you want? (Jeez, do I work in B2B media or what?)

Nobody reads my blog (except someone in Poplar, wherever that is) but I'm not yet at the stage I'm sure I want an audience. It's a load of crap really - but fun writing and fun keeping it up.

Keep going! People love your blog!

A, London

Graham said...

Don't go.
Over the last 6 years I have started reading, gotten completely addicted to and then been actually sad when various bloggers just stopped blogging. Now that I've found a few new ones that I really like (yours included) I can't just have them taken away again. No pressure or anything :)


I just find that apart from not being able to find the time to write when I feel inspired to do so, I just think its all so much shite now that I just don't bother much even when I do have the time. When the busy period passes things will change though. So I keep it ticking over until then.