Friday 25 April 2008

Sarah get your gun

I don't talk about work much because it's work and work is boring. But sometimes it's a little amusing so I'll talk about it.

Not that you may be interested but I'll speak nonetheless...

So I knew today was going to be a long day.

The driver was there to pick me up this morning at 5.15 and I got dropped off at 23.07. That's a 17-hour day.

When I know I'm going to have an ultra long day I make sure that everyone else is aware of it too.

To do this I dress as sloppily as possible.

Today I wore an old pair of trainers, torn jeans and a few layers of top, all of which hung out with the outermost layer being something I pulled out of the laundry basket. To complete the picture, I didn't shave either.

At least I believe in everyone's mind they think "he must be having a rough day therefore I shouldn't talk to him", so no-one does and I get things done faster.

Anyway, what I wanted to tell you about is terrible. I mean, truly awful.

Our office is large and spread out so we have a system to message each other via our computers, a bit like MSN Messenger. You type your message and then zap it off to the person you want to send it to.

This is to stop people shouting at each other across the room and it saves time, so you don't have to walk across to someone to ask them a simple but important question.

Like maybe you'd send "do you have that tape? can you bring please" or
"please look at link in script at 23'05 - think needs changing" or
"walking up now on your left - HOT!"

Yes, of course it gets used for gossip and slagging off. Like, "look what Janet's wearing - ohmygod..."

Well last night, after a very long day, we were just coming to the end of things and one of the girls was busy, busy, busy. But she's also useless, useless, useless.

If you offer to help, you just end up doing it anyway.

This all sounds mad but when you think that part of what I do goes live on telly, you can understand.

So said girl is generally panicking and making a lot of fuss and noise over not much.

I type a message to my mate Jones (I must tell you about Jones actually...), sitting between me and Sarah.

"Shame... someone needs to do the decent thing and take poor Sarah to a back office and hand her the gun. Jeez..."

I am about to send the message and because I'm not tired or thinking I type in Sarah's name and push send. Subconsciously, it's so easy to do...

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckfuckfuckfkjafdkjfakhjfda. It's not like e-mail so you can't recall it. It pops up instantaneously.

Ohmygod. I can see her open it and I'm just going FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK....

The really awful thing is she didn't react. But she did quieten down. I suspect she'll complain about me. But fuckit - she's a load of hot air and anyway and she's not very good at all and I'm sure my boss will secretly agree with it.

Fuck. Fuck fuck. If she confronts me I'll just say it was a joke and if I didn't want her to see it, why would I send it to her?! Even though, she too has probably done the same thing with this stupid messenger.

Whoops! Fuck.

Finally...

Here are three video grabs of me from Thursday.

They're part of a programme which goes out this weekend on TV. If you spot me on the box then you win the prize. But I dunno what the prize is yet.

Don't usually smile this much but that's what happens when the sun comes out.

Dahling - that's enough of filming me...

13 comments:

Robert said...

Oh my poooooor Sarah! - she'll get over it...

I'm so sad that i can't scour the telly looking for you since i'm in the U.S. :(
...but that smile...awfully charming!

dickophile said...

oh my god! that's just priceless! and how many times does fuck appear in this post? i have to say it was a bit distracting cause every time i see that word i think of, well, you know....

Anonymous said...

Can you give us a clue as to which channel/genre? - i'm suspecting its Dennis Nordens laughter files 104; but haven't been assed to check if thats on this weekend.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Robert: yeah - I think Sarah will be fine. She's probably too dim to get what I meant anyway. She'll think it's a joke.

Dick: Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Fleet: Oh ! I could give you a clue but then I'd have to take you as my prisoner. You wouldn't like that then, would you?

Anonymous said...

Would I have to pay :oP - Given that you mentioned your Dungeon in a recent post - it makes me suspect you would enjoy it more.

Anonymous said...

careful, bobby..if that was sarah's reaction (or rather non-reaction), you might have triggered something deep down in the poor girl..it would have been better had she confronted/bitched/reacted but her silence worries me..

she could actually turn up at work one day with a gun and do what you told her to do..it's like something in her snapped..

worst-case scenario, in a fit of rage, she might use the gun on you..

I kid you not..things like this really do happen..

~Origo

dickophile said...

fuck times infinity. i win.

Timmy said...

OMG! I did something like that one time except it was with the phone.

After a phone call with a girl, I thought I had it end but I didn't. I though proceeded to bitch as loud as I could about her to someone only to realize the line was still live. Oh well!

Funny thing...about a year later I transferred to a different department and became her boss. LOL

Anonymous said...

Aww you have cute little dimples when you smile!

firstimpre55ion said...

You know Bobby...even on those days you dress it down, you're always stunning no matter what! ;) Well you're probably not the first person to think the same thing about Sarah, but the first to actually voice it...despite the situation, that takes guts and honestly if she didn't have it coming already, it would have came eventually. We can sugar coat someone's inadequacies all we want, but at the end of the day, they need to fix that shit! My two bits! LOL :P

Bry

Anonymous said...

Really shouldnt scare your readers with those pictures. Your skin seems to be hanging low.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Fleet: You know me too well! x

Origo: So I saw Sarah at work today and she was trying to be all happy with other colleagues and pretend like there was nothing wrong. Which there isn't of course because it was a joke. Don't worry about me - I am big and scary to handle her on my own. PLus handguns are banned in the UK so she's more likely to have a knife. And I have pepper spray!

Dick: Fine. You win.

Timmy: The best happiness is revenge. Or a job promotion of course.

Wayne: Aww - you're too sweet. I can't believe you mentioned the dimples though! EVERYONE DOES! I have a big willy too you know...

fI: Thanks for the comment. That's what I meant too. She's a loser and she should pull herself together. She was probably more embarrassed about it because she knows I'm right.

Sarah: Er. Back atcha bitch!
(who is this really?)

MadeInScotland said...

hey, I don't want to worry you, and stop me if u heard this b4...

but you have a skin pixelation problem

ahoj