Wednesday 9 January 2008

Yellow, brown or clear

Oh for fuck's sake.

Actually, listen - we're not going to talk about bodily fluids any more (for this week anyway).

However.

The fuck's sake is because I am sick. Well, I have a cold.

Hence it means I have been coughing up phlegm and gobbing into my hand all day.

This is because I believe the in the following old wives' tale.

It's probably all crap (er, spit...) but this is why, when you're having a cold you should check your spittle:

1/ If it's clear gob you're at the start of the infection
2/ If it's green gob you've got a cold / pneumonia / one week to live
3/ If it's yellowey your body's fighting infection and it's on its way out

Well, my gob is yellow which means I am on the mend.

After the symptoms surfaced last night I have taken echinacea (drops and tablets), Berocca, Lemsip sachets and pills, First Defence, green tea and chamomile tea.

And some oranges, M&S pomegranate juice and boiling water, honey & lemon.

I have also made the calculated risk of missing gym tonight.

Basically I thought if I miss gym tonight and get better then it would be worse than going to gym tonight and making my infection worse.

Bla, bla, bla.

So a while ago I decided to declare a few things so instead of talking about cum and spit I thought a few more would be fun.

Yes, when I told you my pin number 3335 I was being totally honest.

It was that but I've since lost the card so it's changed.

So here are three more declarations.

1/ When I'm on the Tube / public transport I don't listen to what I consider to be crap music (2 Unlimited / Haddaway) on my iPod because I have this irrational fear that people will be able to hear what I'm listening to and laugh at me.

2/ I think I have a mild form of body dysmorphic disorder. When I look into the mirror I see someone slightly overweight with a huge waist and scrawny arms. I know it's not the case but I just can't see myself any differently.

3/ I say this slightly apprehensively because well, who cares. So speaking of eating.
I have this terrible problem that I judge people too seriously based on their table manners.

Basically these feature at the top of the Problem Scale:

a/ Holding your knife like a pen
b/ Chewing with your mouth open
c/ Not putting your knife and fork together when finished etc.

Jeez I sound like an uptight cnut.

Yeah, maybe that should be point number 4. Maybe I'm a little too judgemental and uptight.

But then again maybe it's just my cold.

That's the funniest thing about blogs really. Every night you read me in around 400 words and your imagination fills in the gaps.

Based on your comments my imagination fills in the gaps about you.

I think that if you knew me in real life you probably wouldn't like me at all.

And vice versa?

11 comments:

Gabriel said...

hope you feel better soon :)

Bobby Vanquish said...

Thanks matey. You know, this Man Flu (a runny nose basically) can really get you down!
I am medicating though. However, if you have anything stronger it would be greatly appreciated ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG! I judge by the same categories with your B as my A and vice-versa!

I'll also cringe at bad grammar in text messages!

Oh.. and to cure the cold - hot whiskey

1~2 shot(s) whiskey, 3 tspoons demerara sugar, 3 cloves, 1/2 lemon in chunks, hot water, stir!

works wonders - get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor little Bunny

Got sent this earlier myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhV3ny0aecM

Anonymous said...

Uh... if you had boiled down the tomatoes in the fall like I did, this wouldn't have happened.

You did this to yourself young man!

Now you'll pay and pay dearly.

I started on those Zicam things. When I feel a cold coming on, I put a swab in both nostril and it asbobs and is suppose to work. So far so good.

Next fall I'll have you boiling down tomatoes like a side show geek at a carnival.

Carl

W said...

interesting, when i first read this blog i thought i would probably dislike you in real life. You have however grown on me (be honoured!)


Barroca - doesnt it just fucking rock?

ANDRE said...

@ aaron: please be sensitive, no whiskey talk, there's someone in rehab in here!

@ bobby: 3 days in a row without any alcohol, besides perfume. Long Island iced teas, here I come...

S said...

You're right, I probably wouldn't like you (even though everyone likes me - haha).

Brechi said...

Well maybe a visit to London is necessary to find out!

Bobby Vanquish said...

Aaron: I don't mind bad text speak - but it;s kinda expected that you need to type like shit when you text people. I can't do whiskey but have been doing lemon, ginger and honey tea. And fuck-loads of it.

Fleet: Love the video haha! Except of course for the selfish bitch. Women don't know what Man Flu is and they could never. For obviously reasons...

Carl: This tomato thing sounds interesting. I am going to have to investigate.

CSS: I am honoured. And Berocca rocks.
So does Echinacea fizzy tablet thingys from Boots.

Andrea: Make it four days bitch. Come on. Tell me amazing you feel when you wake up in the morning and not have a hangover, please?

Steven: Of course you would like me - everybody does. It's a matter as to whether I would like you.

Brechi: Whenever you visit - make sure it's in the summer

MadeInScotland said...

I don't like you as it is

ahoj



;)