Saturday 19 January 2008

Modern living

I can understand why people give up their lives in the city and choose to spend the rest of their days on an exotic island, roaming the beach and working as an ice-cream salesperson.

At this moment I am fighting wars with:

NatWest Bank
My gym
First Great Western Trains (they fuck up their trains and to get a refund they make you walk to the North Pole to get the claim form)
Our HR department at work
Carphone Warehouse (no words can describe how shit these people are)

All of the above owe me money.

I really hate that they snatch money from your account - in all cases incorrectly - but to get the money back you have to skin yourself alive, crawl over broken glass and beg.

My contempt for those companies and the people that work in them knows no bounds.

This is why I have been slighly quiet over the last few days.

I just have no energy and no will power.

There are times when I seriously think that violence is the only answer - this is one of those time.

I want to cry in frustration.

I'm sorry my bile has to spill onto here but it's just so irritating.

It makes my blood boil that companies intentionally do the following:

1/ Take your money
2/ Give you crap or no service
3/ In the event that you get no service and are entitled to a refund they then make it as difficult as possible to get your money back in the hope that you'll just give up

My competitive streak just does not allow me to be beaten hence I don't give up.

As with any conflict, when you are fighting on multiple fronts, there are dark days.

But have no fear.

I shall not going to be beaten by pen-pushing Little Hitlers at the companies I mentioned.

I'm listening to Marilyn Manson to rally my cause. He sings an excellent little ditty called Use Your Fist And Not Your Mouth.

All this modern living sucks. I'm going to move to the Seychelles and sell ice creams.

Oh - and having said all of that...

Is there anyone who invests or plays the stock market here in the UK? Could you drop me a mail or leave a comment please? Pretty, please?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I play the stock market here in the U.S. but invest in overseas funds. So, I'm not quite sure if that qualifies me as I'm not in the England.

The markets are taking a dump world wide due to what is going on in the U.S. and when it hits rock bottom, most likely this year, you can probably make some good cash as the markets rebound if you have money to invest.

Carl

Anonymous said...

I want you to post a pic of the aussie bums you own on here so we can see what style and color you chose.

Carl

Bobby Vanquish said...

Carl: The aussieBums have yet to arrive. And as for the Stock Market - that's why it's a great time to start learning how to play it. When it crashes, that's when you move in... or so logic would dictate?

The plan I want is to go in and buy all the Carphone Warehouse shares and then shut the business down! Woo hoo!

Pete said...

I share the same fantasy about Barclays Bank. It's been ten years since the last fight, but I'm still out to get the fuckers. And then they almost bought my current bank... dodged a bullet there.

Anonymous said...

If you hate the people that work in the companies you have an issue with and one of them is your companies HR dept, you must hate yourself? x

Bobby Vanquish said...

Pete: I have never banked with Barclays but they're all wankers. And the thing is is that you can't win with the banks. They just don't give a shit.

Anon: Our HR department is useless but I'm not sure if loathing them means I loath myself?!

Anonymous said...

Well I am sure that there is nothing to hate. I should also add that I have been inspired by you and rejoined the gym after an absence of 4 years and I am loving it.

seahorse said...

lol on shutting down the carphonewarehouse haha...but ucant bobby please oh god no dont do it otherwise we wont be able to watch the next X factor and see the likes of the Welsh rower appear again. lol

the service is shit here really, remember if u do but back in africa at least u can shout verbal abuse at Vodacom staff and get away with it without being arrested like here for raising your voice a little.

W said...

My mother is the queen of complaining nd never fails to get above and beyond what she is due. Her ploy is never to bother with usual channels of complaint, instead a letter straight to the chief executive of the company. Works for her anyway and now i everytime i have a problem i just forward it to her.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Anon: Good, good! Keep at it - and the perseverance will pay off. Good luck too...one day I hope you'll show me how well you've done.

Seahorse: I raise my voice all the time - the thing is you have to keep your composure and never swear or even come near to swearing. As long as you can't do that - they don't have reason to complain and they have to help you.

W: I usually fire off an angry e-mail from my work account which always guarantees a response but I challenge you to find anyone in authority at First Great Western trains. They simply don't exist. You just have to scream abuse at the twits behind the glass at Paddington Station.

W said...

According to google their CEO is Tom Morris.

Bobby Vanquish said...

W: Thanks for this - I am going to follow it up because I am not working so I have the whole day to fight wars.

MadeInScotland said...

Buy in Gloucestershire rather than Seychelles. Less chance of finding your home has gone Atlantis in the next 5 years.

As for the other stuff...I used to be the same then I realised I'd have a happier life if I devoted my energies elsewhere. My job is adversarial, so I tire of it. I used to be such the [some kind of dog description, herd nosed, determined] then I realised there were better things than speaking to a voice recognition system.

If you can afford it, just let it go, then cancel that contract. And tell everyone who to avoid.

ahoj

MadeInScotland said...

ps don't WASTE your time. A friend once lost in a robbery, insurers being tossers. I used Companies House to find out all names and addresses of directors, wrote to them. Did any of them give a fuck? Blog it, spread it and only then just tell them that it might be of interest for them to look at bobby.blogspot. Let them do the work. Don't waste your time venting to them.

And my point was...

oh yeah/ aussieBums nip. I have so many unopened packs. 28" waist Y fronts. Like I said somewhere on blog, yours for free.

W said...

go bobby. and if you have no joy then maybe i can ask my mother for you :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to show you how I get on.... maybe in a few months. And I will sort your seat out, something on the upper deck?