Wednesday 2 January 2008

Countdown to Clifton

So I am going to the gym like mad and Chris who's helping me out there is working me like a fucking bitch, all in preparation for February 19th.

That's when I fly to Cape Town and I cannot wait.

I can't fathom exactly why I'm so excited about going - I do it every year, sometimes bi-annually but for some reason I am looking forward to this holiday more than the ones before.

In this freezing weather what is giving me reason to smile is the thought of walking onto Clifton Beach in three weeks' time.

Hence I've stuck my little countdown timer on the right.

I was having a crisis the other day but I'm over it now. Things at the gym are going swimmingly.

The highlight of my trip is going to be stepping onto Clifton 3rd beach, dumping my stuff and walking towards the icy sea.

Here's some pictures I've found on the net of is what probably one of the most beautiful beaches on this planet...



I've also figured a plan.

When I go I usually take a large suitcase so, if you wanted, I could smuggle you out in my luggage.

This would be excellent because then at least we could help each other by rubbing sun tan cream into each other's backs.

When I am there on weekdays most of my friends will be at work except for Nick who's a Trustafarian and hates beaches.

Please let me know if you're interested in this proposal.

Do note though:
Firstly you're not allowed to be from the southern hemisphere (because you're not in the throws of a shitty winter!) and secondly you can't be too big. The suitcase isn't that spacious.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to go! The suitcase plan sounds good to me.

The dollar to the Euro is pretty expensive, so if you can get me over there in Europe anywhere too, that would be great as well.

Plus, you know that you would like to take me along anyhow.

Carl

ANDRE said...

Is Clifton Beach a gay beach? Or at least packed with homos like Mykonos shores? Just because I've seen those pics as a background os so many gaydar profiles...

BTW, I'm too big. Shit.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Carl: If you can fit into the suitcase, you're in (so to speak)...

Andrea: So - yes and no - as you know gays flock to the beach regardless but.... Basically the place is divided into four beaches, each separated by huge boulders.
Clifton 4th beach is like the family beach so homos without body dysmorphia problems feel happy on it. Clifton 3rd is where the only fat people on the beach are the talent scouts. Because it is always packed with models the gays tend to congregate. So it's not a gay beach like Sitges or Mykonos - but there are a large number of gays on it. As there are models (male & female) and old men with binoculars.

Anonymous said...

I'm only 5'7 so I might be able to fit in! Plus being a students means that I know I could get the time off!

Bobby Vanquish said...

Oliver: I am going to have to get the case out to measure. And with you along means we could get student rates for everything and basically scam our way around.
The only thing is it might be a little cold in the air freight section of the plane - but I could wrap you in that emergency foil and some bubble wrap.

Anonymous said...

Get a bigger suit case and to keep me warm, lets invite Andre and London P along because they are cute. We will all fit inside the suit case and be able to keep warm that way. Then, there will be no need for the bubble wrap.

We don't mind traveling in the luggage area. We'll open it up en route and play with the peoples pets who are down there with us. You'll be bored up top and we'll be having all the fun downstairs popping Champaigne bottles, playing cards and playing with the pooches while you're sitting next to some old guy who pulls his shoes and socks off waving them in your face while proclaiming his 'dogs are uh barkin'. (Feet hurt)

Carl

Anonymous said...

I'll just take a big warm coat, and a bottle of vodka. That'll see me through.

Carl's idea is good too.

seahorse said...

mmm...tempting as it may sound but will decline. while you moffies parading around clifton, i'll do the champers at llandudno beach thank you. don't you dare come crusing in some skimpy leopard print bikini on my turf bitch...