Saturday 12 January 2008

All the world needs is M&Ms

Midnight Edit
At the bottom I wrote some beautiful, profound stuff that merges war and peace, life and death but it all kinda looks outta place when what I really should be doing is posting stupid videos.

So I've had a rethink.

At the bottom you can still see the beautiful prose but if you can't be bothered to read that far - here's a video.

I was able to make it thanks to my odd illness which doesn't manifest any symptoms other than, when I wake up I voice that sounds like gravel. See for yourself...



And now back to the original post:

Because I've been feeling a little shit I've been eating a bit too much chocolate to make up for my illness.

This isn't helped by some fucker at work...

Near one of the doors is a sweety vending machine that dispenses Minstels, Jelly Beans and M&Ms.

Except some cheeky bastard has pushed Sellotape into the winder that dispenses M&Ms.

It caused a near-stampede after it emerged that there was free "food" and what a pathetic site to see adults queuing with empty coffee cups from the Ritazza trolley to raid the sweets vendor.

Yes, I was there with my Ritazza cup too. Then I felt a bit sick.

Then - this is a little heavy but it got me wondering.

There's a story in the news that goes something like this...

Six British soldiers in Basra were killed in an ambush by Iraqi insurgents in 2003.

The Iraqi government has just written to the dead men's parents to say that their deaths were not in vain and that they would be doing everything possible to try and catch the killers.

I was watching the TV and one of the dead soldier's dads was on and he said that apparently Iraq's justice minister had told him that they were sure that one of the men, wanted for the ambush, had since been killed in the ongoing violence.

Lying in bed last night I wondered what the Iraqi killer would say to the young British soldier he killed, when they met in heaven.

I felt so sorry for us as humanity.

How small and pathetic each one of us is in the world and how there are so many millions of other people whose lives are so much less than ours.

I felt like I wanted to give everyone in the world a big hug.

This morning I packed off to gym and on the way some selfish idiot pushed in front of me to board the Tube.

Through gritted teeth I mumbled "there's no reason to shove, you stupid fucking cunt."

13 comments:

W said...

What the fuck??????????????????

Bobby Vanquish said...

CSS: I thought it was quite profound like the need to embrace humanity but then telling some poor fucker at the Tube station to fuck off.
Don't you get the drama? It's totally cutting edge, I tell you!
You should embrace the new. I think I'm going to be more cutting edge on this blog.
Maybe this is the shock of the new.
(I'm not drunk by the way...)

ANDRE said...

my CTRL+C / CTRL+V comment:

Lying in bed last night I wondered what the Iraqi killer would say to the young British soldier he killed, when they met in heaven.
"there's no reason to shove, you stupid fucking cunt."

I liked this juxtaposition ...

Anonymous said...

What does Juxtaposition mean???

Splicer said...

You sound like Kiefer Sutherland!!! I must say, it rather sexy...

Anonymous said...

Your voice sounds very sexy, and your prose was very touching.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Andrea: I knew at least one person would get it.

Anon: I think juxtaposition is a song from the 80s?

Splicer: I didn't know Kiefer when that deep - I am going to have to watch 24 now.

Anon 2: Aw shucks. Thanks x x

MadeInScotland said...

Hmm. Sounded like Barry White that dead black singer with the chocolate voice-and if you eat so much more chocolate you may end up looking like him too.

[Just joking BV]

ahoj

MadeInScotland said...

ps juxtaposition is what happens when you play Twister, in the nude, covered in baby oil. Isn't it?

ahoj

Bobby Vanquish said...

czech: Yeah, I think that's what juxtaposition means...?

seahorse said...

mmmm, i have sent your voice demo to Walmart in the USA and Telkom in SA so good luck....here's hoping sometime soon we will here Bobbys voice going off as 'ATTENTION STORE STAFF ATTENTION, CAN WE GET A PRICE CHECK ON XL TAMPONS PLEASE.....' or at Telkom maybe it will be, 'WHEN U HEAR THE BEEP IT WILL BE 12H34 PM AND 22SECONDS etc etc...' haha

or u could just stick with the Darth Vader audition...

W said...

i love the whole '60-a-day' thang your doing with your voice there

Anonymous said...

You have the voice of a serial killer. Seriously....