Sunday 2 March 2008

Picasso face

So apropos of absolutely nothing... here is a picture of two guys who're drunk.

The one on the left is take-your-breath-away beautiful. The one on the right is just me.

Swoon.

The picture actually stresses me out slightly. Look at my double chins. Or rather don't. And why does my head look enormous?

And by the way and this really is something completely different.

I am sitting in a restaurant in the "gay village" in Cape Town. Village being the operative word.

Anyway, at the next table are two rather short and round white men who're, at the very least, in their 60s. They look like an elderly, retiring gay pair on a holiday from Germany, perhaps?

Also sitting at the table is a very young-looking black guy. He is wearing Caterpillar shoes with no socks, camo trousers and a white checked shirt.

I reckon he's going to pocket an overnight fee.

Please God, don't ever let me end up like them.

8 comments:

David said...

No exaggeration there - he's beautiful! Can he fit in your luggage for the trip back home?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Bolt: I don't think it's fair to show the whole picture, but his eyes were one of his most beautiful features. So it's a little irritating that I had to zap them out.
The more I look at this picture, the more I like him.

London Preppy said...

I also like the headlock you've got him in!

W said...

bobby bobby bobby, your a mess. Get a grip.

N1David said...

So Bobby, what exactly scares you so much about being 60, in a long-term relationship and looking for some fun which involves a financial transaction?

Is it the LTR, is it getting "round", or is it the prospect of hiring rent?

What sort of image do you have of yourself at 60?

TheDreamer said...

Is that Drew, then?

Bobby Vanquish said...

LP: He had a semi actually. At least I like to think so.
I also think he got that close because he wanted to smell me.

W: A mess now? You should have seen me on Saturday night.

David: I should have added a little context, I guess. What gave it such an air of sleaze was that these two old men looked pretty budget. And the rent looked decidedly trashy too (he kept leavng the table to talk on his phone and they didn't seem to mind). The restaurant was pretty downmarket too and they were liqouring him with cheap booze. If you're 70 and wanna hire rent to spice up your relationship, I don't mind. But do it with a bit of class, at least.

AA: I don't have a clue who this Drew person is that you're talking about. (Yes.)

Timmy said...

Oh my. With blurry eyes he is cute! It looks like you were taking a self-portrait which I never take good self-pics. I usually end up with more chins than a Chinese phone book.