Wednesday 19 March 2008

Hello gorgeous!

So...

I guess that means that in 82 days' time I turn 30.

The big 3-0.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...

I booked the ticket today. Cape Town, here we come (again).

Fuck. Fuck. I'm turning 30. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

The best thing about turning 30 is that this crisis at 29 is going to be over.

Where the fuck did my life go? Fuck.

Fuck. Oh, listen - don't get me wrong. I cannot fucking wait. Fuck.

(Jeez, there are more fucks in this post than a Vauxhall sauna.)

Having booked the ticket to coincide with my birthday means it really does now feel like I'm turning 30. It's no longer some arbitrary concept that I never thought would happen.

Fuck. It's coming, it's goddam coming. And fuck all the shit that's gone before.

No there's nothing at all
No, I have no regrets
Not the bad or the good I've been done
I don't care - it's all one
No there's nothing at all
No, I have no regrets
It's all paid, all forgot, swept away
I move on day by day.

Can I just say that I used this song as one of my anthems before La Vie En Rose came along. Thanks.

Okay, listen. Now, about the neighbours... do you mind if I tell you about them a little later? I think some champagne is in order. Fuck, I'm drinking again. Fuck.

Fuck. Maybe I should go to the gym because I wanna look fab for my 30th (holy fuck, I'm turning 30). Nah, fuck it. One day isn't going to hurt.

I know I'll regret this in the morning but fuckit.

6 comments:

dickophile said...

if you're really that freaked out about it just do what chicks do and lie about your age. do it for a good long while and soon enough you yourself will believe it.

Monty said...

30? There's nothing to worry about, trust me!!! :-)

Bobby Vanquish said...

Dick: I have already been lying about my age which is why there are so many people who're confused as to why I'm 27 turning 30.

Monty: I know... well, once I get over the initial shock then I'll be okay.

Timmy said...

I didn't do too well when I turned 29 so I decided I was going to have a blast when I turned 30...and I did. I didn't go to any far off destination like Keptun. I went to The Big Easy (aka New Orleans). Go ahead and make a joke about the big easy in The Big Easy.

Anyway doll, it willl be just fine. You have a support group out in the blogosphere that will get you through it.

Anonymous said...

I just turned 30. Was absolutely wonderful. 29 was crap. The main thing that got me through was having a goal for how I wanted to look/how much I wanted to weigh on the big day. I hit this target and felt great. You'll love 30...

Anonymous said...

I turned 31 at the start of this month and looking back to last year when I was 30 it was probably the best year of my life so far. Embrase it!