Wednesday 14 November 2007

Reunited with Vivienne

Baby, it's so much fun in Bobbyland. Kinda. Well, not really.

Before gym I pop into the bookstore nearby to get a new notepad so I can write down what weights I do can how heavy they are.

And guess who's working at the check-out? Actually, don't try and guess - those games are really boring.

Working behind the desk is one of the guys from that party.

He recognises me and he says hello.

"Hi, how are you?", I say.
"I'm good thanks..."

I smile, he smiles and walk on my way.

What I don't say is; "oh wow, the last time I saw you, you had your face up another guy's bum and your willy in someone else's mouth."

So nothing really happens in the gym and Rory isn't there except in the showers is the guy who I've spotted at work.

Again, he's wanking off with some Asian guy who's in the stall opposite.

I spot the guy from work, he swings around and about 30 seconds later I see him skipping out to get changed.

Finally, do you wanna hear a heart-warming story? Okay, it's not going to make you puke but get this...

Friday before last - the drunk Friday - I lost my wallet on the way home.

Slightly / very pissed off started to cancel the cards and order replacements. I was really fond of the wallet - it was a black leather limited edition Vivienne Westwood. Yes, it's very gay, I know...

Well, nearly two weeks later, someone's handed it in to the Natwest Bank on Regents Street (I was never even near Regent's Street!?)

With the bank clerk on the phone, I went through what was in the wallet. All my cards, my Tesco card, Sainsbury's and Boots card AND a £10 note are all there!

The person who handed it in didn't leave a name or phone number or anything. Can you believe it!?

There really is some good in the world!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Westwood isn't gay! Nowhere near as gay as D&G, Gucci or Vuitton! I should know I use a Westwood wallet.

Nice to know that there are still good people in this world. So good that they don't even need thanking. Hard to imagine.

firstimpre55ion said...

I say pay it forward Bobby...some good karma never hurt anyone, right?!

-Bry

Tales of the City said...

There are always good people - one of my female friends left her gucci bag on the tube, in it was her daddy's credit cars, money, ipod, digital camera... all returned an hour later...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I found a wallet with the persons name etc. on the licence in the wallet once. But he was from out of the area and I could find no phone number. So, I sent it to the address listed on the drivers licence, and put a return address on the envelope for the police station in the city I lived.

That way, if it arrived there and someone sent it back through the mail saying this person didn't live there any longer, it would go directly to the police department. When tbey opened it, they would find my note saying I found your wallet and then they could track the person down off the info on the licence and get it to him.

See, I do use my noggin from time to time!


Last summer I saw this bikers sunglasses fly off the roof of his car as he was driving away. I picked them up and tried to chase him down, but lost him at an intersection. They were $200 sun glasses. I knew the brand and knew they were very expensive.

So, I put an ad in the newspaper that I found these and to call to identify them. Someone where he worked knew he had lost them, told him and he called to make a long story short; dude and his expensive sun glasses were reunited. He was stunned and couldn't believe that I went to such an extent to find the owner and return them to them, instead of just keeping them.


Bobby, here is something I started doing a few years ago. Try this if you want. Whenever anyone does something nice like this and you are impressed with it, do the same thing for another person and pass it along so the chain of good works keeps going. It feels amazing really.

Once when I started a new job, I was the new kid on the block and didn't know anyone. This guy came up to me on my seond day there and said, "Ok, we are going to lunch today, because you don't know anyone here." I soooo appreciated someone going out of their way to tear down that that wall of feeling like I didn't belong. So, when someone new came into a position here, I passed along the same good deed and took him to lunch to allow him the same feeling that I got when someone did it for me.

Since someone found something of yours, when you find something of someone elses, go the extra mile and track them down to pass along the favor. It will feel amazing when they thank you. :)

Am I a nerdy geek or what? :)

Carl

Edd said...

westwood is totally gay. I should know, I love their shirts even thought they often look ridiculous.

if your still after some tunes check out groups "simian mobile disco", and also "The Bees"