Friday 16 November 2007

Look into my eyes, Part 2

Everytime an e-mail has pinged into my inbox with a picture of your eyes, it's been like a little Christmas present fluttering into land.

This has been really enjoyable to do and I hope you've had fun looking into the eyes of people who you probably don't know and who you may never meet.

Here are four more pairs of beautiful eyes.

A nice line from the American philosopher Henry Thoreau; "The eyes are the jewels of the body."

This quote is from Cicero so it's a little pretentious but "the eyes like sentinel occupy the highest place in the body."

Then finally, this from Ralph Waldo Emerson whose quotes are perhaps a leedle kitsch but; "the eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul."

So there you have it. Four more pairs of your eyes.

You'll see your eyes and may recognise others - behind all of them is a person with a life, feelings and a soul. I don't know why I find that slightly amazing but I do.

All the people who've sent pictures seem to be people who read my bizarre ramblings on a near-daily basis, so that makes it even more special.

Thanks for taking the time to mail them in, I really appreciate it.

13 comments:

S said...

I don't have a soul since I sold it to the devil.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Steven: I bet you sold it to him in return for a pair of aussieBum knickers.
Or a Kylie CD.

Edd said...

no2 looks pretty fine.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Edd.d: You're supposed to go "ah, that's really beautiful and thoughtful..." not "let me get my claws into one of them..."
(I thought so to...)

ANDRE said...

argh! i'm in love.. if the owner of number 2 sets of eyes is reading this, please write me back, saying you love me back and that we'll stay together 'til the end of our long and happy lives.. :D

ANDRE said...

Same as above for number 4.

Oh well, at least I tried...

Bobby Vanquish said...

Andrea: If you want I can write to them and get them to write to you.
I like no. 4 better. Beautiful green eyes.
I think I may marry him - if he doesn't like you. You can have No 2 though because I already asked him to marry me and he said yes (but I think he got nervous and ran away).

seahorse said...

mmmm...will the owner of number 5 in first post please stand up!
hehe

unless his asleep again!

Bobby Vanquish said...

Seahorse: person no 5 in the first post is me you ninny. Now stop being all stalkery and do something useful. like getting drunk.

ANDRE said...

Everytime I look at number 2 eyes I feel like I'm gonna melt. I'm not sure if I can deal with such an intensity.. so I think I'll go for number 4, def more approachable!

Bobby Vanquish said...

Andrea: I am going to e-mail both of them and tell both of them that they have a fan.
And then get them to e-mail you.
If you get hitched I wanna be the bridesmaid so that I can get drunk and make an inappropriate speech and shag some guy on the washing machine during the reception.

seahorse said...

i am drunk lol....vodka and line tonight...oops i meant lime.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Seahorse: Yes, I can tell you're soaked.
Your spelling's wonky and to be honest - you're not making any sense. If anyone can translate this - please...
"Strange how i got it though as the las time i was near animals was in august...anyway, it happens o the best of us yeah."
You old pisser. Booze and blogs don't mix!