Monday 12 November 2007

Look into my eyes, Part 1

My little appeal is going well and I wanna share some eyes. I would love to see yours - all you have to do mail a photo to bobby.vanquish AT gmail DOT com, it's completely anonymous.

You don't have to mail your face, just look into your mobile phone and crop the pic. It's amazing how much you can see in someone's eyes.

Behind each one of these pictures is a person with feelings, emotions, pains and issues. You wonder what their eyes have seen - maybe it was beautiful, maybe it was traumatic.

Some of them have seen the same things we all have. Perhaps some of those have only seen things we can imagine. Who knows?

Pope John XXIII once said; "I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. I have put my heart near your heart."

Here's another nice quote, the person who said it isn't clear; "My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams are reflected."

Of course there's the old Yiddish proverb: "The eyes are the mirror of the soul."

"An animal will always look for a person's intentions by looking them right in the eyes."

Isn't there something amazingly compelling about just looking into other people's eyes?

Maybe you recognise a pair of these eyes, maybe they're yours. Maybe they belong to someone who you look at just before you close your own at night.

Thank you to everyone who's mailed - there are more on the way. We'd love to see your eyes too. Mail them: bobby.vanquish AT gmail DOT com.

4 comments:

ANDRE said...

eyes: so how come no one with brown eyes has sent a picture yet? i wanna see some dark eyes!

jukebox suggestion: the new Roisin Murphy's, or The Presets, or this french singer called Yelle. That's what I'm listening to right now..

London Preppy said...

I know - why does everyone have blue eyes in your selection please (not that I'm complaining unlike Andre though)

Bobby Vanquish said...

Andrea: maybe i was holding out and doing blue eyes one day and then brown the next.
(that could have been the plan but it wasn't... I just chose the first four sets that got emailed - coincidentally they all turned out to be blue - which is a little odd given that blue isn't so common.
Hmm.. the French singer called Yelle sounds interesting - i am going to HMV to check it out. if i buy it and then don't like you owe me a drink (or nine)

London P: see lame excuse above. now, hello! stop coming and picking holes around here... Can I say that in your last two blog posts there have been no song selections!
This means I can't point and laugh (remind me how many times S. Fox and Sandra feature? Thank you.)

PS. What does an Icelandic bride get on her wedding night that's long and hard???

A new surname. Mwhahahahaha. Er.

Anonymous said...

This is me singing to you....

"Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well.

Get well, get well soon, we want you to get weeeeeell."

Carl