Saturday 29 September 2007

Watching me watching you

Do you remember that song in the 80s? The one that goes "I always feel like, somebody's watching meeeee...".

I think some group called BeatFreakz did a cover of it a few years ago.

Well there's a guy who lives down the road from me - about three doors down. And everytime I walk past his flat that song starts playing in my head.

This guy clearly doesn't care because he lies on his bed with the curtains open as the whole world walks strolls by. Tonight he's lying on his bed watching the rugby.

I stood for a while as he lay there - all of the lights in his bedroom on Maximum Power Output.

Walking up close to his window I took out the phone. He carried on watching the rugby, completely oblivious to what was going on outside.

I don't know which is more bizarre?

Me standing in the street taking photos or him lying on his bed for the whole world to see and share?

Edit: Check on the right - his bedroom door is shut. Why would you go to your room for a bit of piece and quiet to watch the rugby but then leave the curtains open for all the world to see. (If I keep justifying this picture it'll make it better...surely?)

8 comments:

firstimpre55ion said...

Haha...Bobby, you never cease to amaze me!

If my neighbour did that too, I'd probably be just as guilty if he was totally not trying to give himself any privacy!

:D

-Bry

chabang said...

...at what point do you start to consider yourself a stalker?

:-p

Bobby Vanquish said...

fI: Guys who lie on their bed with the curtains open for all the world to see shouldn't be surprised when they get papped. What's his story!?

chabang: The great thing about a blog is that it makes creeping up on unsuspecting guys seem legit. Yeah, it's pretty fucken odd. And here comes the bit that all looney-tunes say: "but he was asking for it".
Mwhahahahahahaha...

Tales of the City said...

Bobby you think thats bad.. the guy who used to live across me used to lie on his bed (rattan blinds down but maximum lights inside.. so it was good as having no blinds) and ... Wank. He was a hottie too and worked in the City.. so I would see him around. One day he just moved...

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing as him! Except I'm on the second floor, but I even did it when I was in halls and almost everyone could see. I reckon he just wants to be photographed, even if it is on some subconscious level.

I reckon also that the police must have taken you in for questioning since it's been a few days since the last update, or you could just be drunk after being thrown out of your gym.

Anonymous said...

I will end up having to defend you in court if you keep this up dude.

WillySmith said...

Last month I was changing with my window open (as I always do cuz I can't be fucked to close my curtains) and then I noticed some cunt had a laser pointer trained on my knob. I hope they have pictures too, and that I'm on some blog somewhere. They better be good enough to share!

Bobby Vanquish said...

CuteCT: He probably just moved because he got so bored of waiting for you to pitch up with a helping hand! Nice story!

Oliver: Well, subconciously he wants his photo taken or he's just a typical straight person who's just completely unaware of anyone / anything. I have a feeling it's the latter, I'm afraid.

Anon: That's seriously it! No more...

WillySmith: Are the pictures good enough to share? I don't know, you tell me. Or you can show me: bobby.vanquish@gmail.com
Ha!