Tuesday 18 September 2007

Bathhouse Bobby II

A follow-up to yesterday's post.

September 13, 2006

The manager at the popular gay sauna, the _______ in Green Point, Cape Town, was found dead at the club last Thursday.

Johan ___ ___ ____, 41, was found, tied up with ropes on the staircase, by a day manager.

One of the owners of the venue in Jarvis Road, who asked not to be named, confirmed that ___ ___ ____'s body was found at 6am on Thursday.

Police spokesperson Bernadine Steyn said police did not suspect a crime and that preliminary reports showed that he died from suffocation.

"No foul play is suspected."

According to the owner, business hadn't been adversely affected by the death.


What a sad, horrible and pathetic way to end your own life.

I've deleted the guy's name to protect his dignity and the name of the sauna so that it's not searchable on Google.

The picture is taken from the venue's website and thanks Charl for reminding me of this story. It is true.

8 comments:

yani said...

If you really want to keep this story less searchable then I'd remove the name of the spokesperson and the road the sauna is in... with them I was able to find the full story and the guy's name on Google within about two tries.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Hi yani - thanks for the comment and my sentence was a little vague. I mean - i don't care if you go and find the story, I just don't want people to Google "Hot____" and then find me in the search results.

Tales of the City said...

Hey.. hope you didnt mind my Chinos comment on Brechi's blog... I work with a lot of South African. And 2 are very good friends.
Were you Bobby's Body in a previous incarnation?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Ctguy: Yeah - I was that other person in a previous incarnation. Of course I'm not insulted! All South Africans do wear chinos. And there are LOADS of them in the CT too...
Bleddie Seth Efrikens. They're everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Death by, I guess, sexual asphyxiation. Seems like a decent way to go. Well for someone that dedicated their life to working in a bathhouse in a slightly ironic way.

If it was suicide then it's just sad. Drugs and alcohol all the way

Bobby Vanquish said...

Oliver - yeah, he took his own life. "No foul play" is journalist code for suicide.

MadeInScotland said...

I did better than Yani-I googled it in one! It's like saying *don't* do something-immediately you want to do it! Sorry, I couldn't help it... :(

ahoj

Bobby Vanquish said...

Czech: Maybe there's something to be done with this "treasure hunt" idea...?