Monday 4 February 2008

Ripped off

Oh lordy...

Yes I woke up with a stinking hangover this morning but I am on a beach in about two weeks' time and quite literally, there is nothing that can put me in a bad mood now.

I am bad mood-proof.

What has helped it?
1/ Remember I told you a few weeks ago I told you about my wars? Well, I have won them all, the last victory was Friday when £437 was transferred into my account from First Great Western trains.
2/ Work is basically just a pleasure because The Week of Hell is over. Basically, I had to endure the Week of Hell to make sure that these two weeks would be easy-peasy.

Fuckit, this is boring - let's get to what I really want to say.

Okay, now on my cupboard door is a picture of the British TV presenter Philip Olivier which stares out at me every morning.

I've stuck him there because physically he is a lot like me.

Like me, he doesn't have a massively tiny waist, he isn't incredibly ripped and is not scrawny either.

In short, he is an attainable goal and if I try hard enough, I can look like him.

So how much do I look like him?

Well - I am going to post this before regret starts to creep in.

This is what my stomach looks like, compared to his.

Yeah, there's still a little way to go before there's a definite sixpack but to me, it rates okay to good.

As you can see I still need to lose some of the fat on my lower abdomen.

I don't think it's bad at all when you consider that around three years ago it all looked like this:

Yeah? See, it can be done if you keep at it.

Some weeks you go to the gym and you have a great week and you can definitely see a change.

Other times you go and nothing seems have to happened.

Do not despair. And do not give up.

At my heaviest I was 110kgs (242lbs), I am now 81kgs (178lbs).

You will never leave the gym looking like a Baywatch lifeguard if you go once and get depressed that nothing has changed.

Persist and it will come.

My stomach is back in a T-shirt but I'll give you another one in two weeks time. You'll see... if you keep going, it will come.

And the most important thing?

If I can manage it, anyone can. Now do it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like a bit of a hairy bod on a guy myself - but are you going to get a wax before you hit the beach? Seems from the pics you've posted previously of the queens on the beach it is the done thing.

Thanks for the before and after pics - gives me some hope.

firstimpre55ion said...

Holy hotness Bobby!!!

WOW!

Can I borrow those near washboard abs to do some laundry?!

Christ! Your body looks amazing...hopefully I get there by this summer...if I end up going on that Atlantis cruise in Europe.

Gorgeous body! WOOF! :X hehe

Bry

Bobby Vanquish said...

Fleet: Thanks and keep it up. I think I may have to promise to get you to show me some pics.
Yeah? Otherwise who are you doing it for?
I have a hairy chest and stomach which I'm kinda glad for because you can wear it up (butch, grrr) and wear it down (smooth like a baby's bottom)
I will wax before the beach.
Usually I have it clipped to 2 which makes it nearly invisible. I haven't done it lately because i'm lazy.
That's why, when I get the final wax before beach, I'll have to take some more / proper pix.

fI: Get you, you old flatterer you! Thank you - and if you're going on a cruise and you need to get in shape - think of me and do. not. give. up.
Good luck and just fuck off and do it :-)

ANDRE said...

bobby you already know you are my hero! being a drunk and not having any belly is something that only a few can manage to accomplish! good job!!

firstimpre55ion said...

Trust me...I'm not giving up! This time last year I was at 255-260...I am now down to around 209-212 (it's fluxing and it's driving me nuts)! So I know it takes time, hard work and perserverence! And definitely seeing your efforts is driving me to hit the gym harder and more often. I know I can do it...just need to keep at it. And that I will!

And in all honesty, I'm just being honest. You are looking damn hot! Not that you weren't already, but shit!!! :D Your pecs and arms are looking really, really ripped in comparison to you last recent photos (which was a while back though).

WOOF again! ;) hehehe

Bry

Anonymous said...

Great progress Bobby. Actually since I've been reading you I've joined the gym in my building - you are inspirational :-)

Bobby Vanquish said...

Andrea: You're my hero too! I thought I was the only fucked-up kid with an unexplained obsession with A Chorus Line. And then along came you.

Wayne: Thanks mate. And sometimes you'll take your shirt off and look in the mirror and think "what is the point of this... it's useless", but tell yourself that it's a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep at it. x x

Anonymous said...

Bro I always say to people "if I can do it anyone can" and I believe that to be true with all my heart. So pretend I just said it again to you haha ;-)

You are unbelievably amazing for having lost, what, 60 pounds?? That is fucking off the hook, I'll salute you 'cause I never had to do anything that hard, awesome man!!!

Here's me on myspace (and I'm older than you haha so I have to hate you) http://www.myspace.com/287689973

-- Pete