Monday 11 February 2008

In my new skin

I just want to say that in the gym tonight there was some of the hottest messes I have seen in a while.

It's good when you have hot guys in the gym because they inspire you to work out to look as good as they are.

However, it's not all good so could you excuse me for just one moment while I address a specific issue? Thanks...

Memo: To the guy in the weights section with the enormous stomach who was picking up weights that were too heavy for him.

Mate, it's fat! It's not muscle. You were getting in the way of me and the hot guy next to me and you were just putting stress on your joints when you should be doing is cardio.

Wearing a Gold's Gym t-shirts does NOT transform you into Arnold Schwarzenegger. It is not muscle - it is fat! Now get on the treadmill, bitch.

Love, Bobby x


Anyway, sorry about that but it needed to be said.

Moving on - well, only into the changeroom.

While there I shamelessly snapped this photo...

This is because one week from tomorrow I will be at the airport to go to Cape Town.

Everytime I go back to South Africa it's has always been my goal to arrive looking the best I can.

This time, for the first time, I think I can put a tick in that box.

The only thing I'm not happy with is my stomach. More specifically my lower abs.

My best parts are chest and arms. Sometimes I think I spend too much time doing pecs.

Anyway, I will say that I didn't flex my abs properly because I was so in a hurry to take the picture. Hence it looks like there's a spare tyre around my waist. And the light makes it worse than it is...

So I feel good and I think I'm ready to hit the beach. For the next week I'm doing a mixture of cardio, abs and swimming.

Leaving the gym I see this protein shaker in the gutter. I like the symbolism...

And while typing all of this Siouxie and the Banshees have been blasting the following words into my ear...

Rising up through the ashes and grime
A new me on the other side
Hello, Hello, I'm breaking through
This old skin

Hello, Hello, I'm hungry for some new skin
Hello, it's me, I'm coming for you in my new skin

13 comments:

Gabriel said...

whooo hooo... you will knock them dead in keptun.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Gabriel: You say the sweatest things! :-)

W said...

i think you can be pretty pleased given what an absolute bloater you were

Bobby Vanquish said...

W: Um. Yes - I wouldn't have put it like that but you're right...
I really was fat. Like 112kgs. That's fat.
But bloater sounds worse. Bloated from wine and pizza and I used to GORGE on takeaway food, especially Chinese.
Fuck me I used to drink. I am going to have to .. stop otherwise I'll and won't stop.

Timmy said...

You look great. I found your "before" picture and you really have transformed yourself. Good job mate!

We aren't allowed to have cell phones or cameras in our locker room at my gym. :-(

dickophile said...

you look great. Have fun in cape town!!

ANDRE said...

@ timmy: oh my god, is it really true you are not allowed to bring mobiles / cameras in the locker room?! what if you really need to make an important phone call / take a picture of the clueless hot naked straight guy of the day?? fucking fascists...

Anonymous said...

Bobby, do you use shakes? Your progress is great and your body is really coming along. For me (as an outsider looking in) the best bit is that your mind is also improved in your mental well being and balance seems to be better too, from what you tell us.
x ade

Anonymous said...

you look great love! hats off to your gentlemen friends ;).

firstimpre55ion said...

Smokin' hot Bobby...that full body shot makes me want to scream like a girl seeing The Beatles in person! :D

Sooo sexy...I need to catch up...I have a ways to go tho...209 at the moment!!! Hopefully 185-190 by Summer! :D

Bry

Anonymous said...

I think you look great and I'm a total body fascist!
The lower abs will come with time, thats just a matter of carb free and a little cardio tacked onto your workouts. If you think you spend too much time on your pecs then you definitely spend too much time on your pecs. Don't neglect your shoulders and back :)

You're gonna knock 'em dead in capetown. :)

Timmy said...

@andre: they're facists and nazis! trust me, there have been a few that I would love to snap a pic and then casually put the camera/phone in my gym bag and leave. it's a gay, str8, metrosexual, bi, confused, curious, clientele so I guess they know us really well...hence the rules.

Anonymous said...

You look great. By the way, how tall are you?