Friday 22 February 2008

Picture Bobby 1

So we finally crank up the Mac to work which is bloody marvellous. It means picture time...!

I can write a whole load of bollocks but let's be honest - pictures are far more interesting. Here's the first batch.

Check out the plane which I reckon they wheeled out when they saw me approaching.

Can you get any more gay than a plane named after ABBA?

Er, yes you can.

Watching Kath & Kim on a plane called Dancing Queen while pissed on G&Ts is about as gay as it gets.

And what the hell do you take me for? Yes, of course I nicked the glass...

(Can I say, in my defence, that I'd forgotten that I'd put it in my suitcase until I was unpacking the morning after. Not that being absolutely shit-faced is an excuse but...
Yes, I know that stealing is wrong but if they get cross then I will give it back.)

I think at this point I'd woken from my stupor as it became apparent that we were about to cross the equator, which means more champagne!

There really was a hot guy up near the front of the plane. I think that's his head - or maybe it was the guy next to him. I don't really remember...

So that was getting here... and what does one do in the sun at 32C for three weeks?

One sits here for some of the time doing fuck all.

After the pool was built my mother insisted it needed a rockery and a fountain.

That's all fine except that it means is that poor Herbert, the gardener, has to spend every second day fishing the leaves out of the pool with the scoop.

Finally at home and this is the view from the back of my parents house...

Of course they're my parents and so I don't want to judge them but I think it's fucking outrageous that we employ a man to come every day, of which half is time is spent fishing the leaves out of the swimming pool.

And there are people, who're in areas we can see from our balcony, who live in squatter shacks without running water and proper sanitation.

South Africa is a beautiful, breathtaking but deeply troubled and troubling country.

More pics to come shortly...

7 comments:

S said...

Ok, a few things...

Yes, I'm sure there are a few of us who hate you (justifiably) right now.

And, after drinking all that booze, aren't you afraid of carb-loading (so many empty calories)?

David said...

How can you expect Herbert to do his job of fishing out the leaves with you sat by the pool in those obscene gold trunks and distracting him?

You must have him take a picture of you. Or better yet, have Elizabeth take a picture of you AND Herbert!

Anonymous said...

Hi you big lush, glad you're enjoying yourself.

That first class cabin looks like it could be a call centre in Delhi.

ANDRE said...

you know what the greatest thing to do is? reading your blog with "Tom Jones" on the telly, in the background. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, rent this Oscar-winning movie from 1963 NOW!

oh, and I was watching "west side story" minutes ago and i thought of your mum. tell her i'm such a great fan of her ;)

Anonymous said...

You have no business drinking out of a glass that says virgin on it! Sheesh. That is false advertising for sure. Here in the U.S. we have laws regarding "Truth in Advertising".

Carl

Timmy said...

I like bolt upright's idea. a pic of you and herbert (with you in the gold swimsuit) would be good. and then a pic of you and elizabeth. and then a pic of elizabeth and herbert (in the gold trunks).

Bobby Vanquish said...

Steven: I drank a lot of booze. But have been to the gym three times to work it all off. Going fucking OTT doesn't come without consequences you know!

Wayne: Hahah! Yes - THAT'S what it is... a Delhi Call Centre - I kept thinking to myself "this reminds me of something - or maybe I was here in a dream" but that's it! A Delhi call centre... Brilliant.

Andrea: So thanks. Me? Tom Jones - so this means you must throw your underpants at me please.

Carl: Yes - very clever. How ironic that I should be drinking out of a glass that says Virgin on the side. That's probably why they kept filling the glass up - so that they could point and laugh.

Bolt & Timmy: Right - I will get a picture of Elizabeth and Herbert and Cynthia if she's here so that you can see. And one SEPERATELY of me in the gold trunks. Not together! Liz and Herbie already have the trauma of working for my parents. They don't deserve seeing me in the gold trunks too!