Tuesday 19 February 2008

4 engines 4 longhaul

First...

So someone (unsurprisingly called Anonymous) leaves a comment in the last post about me being over-excited at going on holiday and asks "how often do you travel away?" or something like that.

The insinuation from this question is clear; I'm some yokel earth-bound culturally inferior un-worldwise dullard who never sets foot outside er... you get the picture.

Unfortunately there is some sad truth in the above.

Over the last year I haven't been away that much because I've been working 6-day weeks.

[Cue the violence (violins, surely?)...] Since April 2007 I ve had no more than 4 days off in any one stretch from work. Yes, I'm a little excited - I hope you can see just why.

Bla bla bla... work schmork.

So in Terminal 3 at Heathrow I spot the gayest thing I have ever seen in my life.

(I thought that the gayest thing in the world was your pink sweater...? Okay, you're right - but this is the gayest thing in the whole of Heathrow's Terminal 3.)

Check it out bitches...



Vodka and disco rolled into one. And there's a catch on the bottle top so that when it's empty you can hang it from the ceiling.

I am SO seriously resisting the temptation so badly.

While sitting here killing time, I have been doing some homework.

We fly on an Airbus A340-600 which looks a little like this...

I am in 18A which is this seat which is bloody marvellous...

(God knows why this bloody picture worked!? Did I tell you that I hate Blogger?)

For now though, would you excuse me? I have a plane to go and catch.

See you 10,000 miles away, in Cape Town!

4 comments:

Graham said...

I bought an Absolut Disco in LA last november. I thought it would be a cool addition to any home for christmas. The disco bottle is actually separate from the actual bottle of vodka. It's just an outer covering that splits open (there's a hinge at the bottom) to release all the absolut goodness. It also means you don't have to wait to drink all the vodka before you hang up the disco bottle. I also have 4 mini size bottles too...like 50cl size bottles... (I stole them from a charity lunch thing in december...bad I know...but they're so gay it's not even funny and I just had to have them).

seahorse said...

OMG as i write now u probably just shot past Nigeria.....
sleep time although u get 2 c the african sun 1 day ahead of me u bitch!!!!

I hope u packed those batteries when them lights go out haha

c ya

Bobby Vanquish said...

Graham: They are REALLY gay but I also just have to have them. I don't know what I'm going to do... because they're £15 and I dunno if I wanna spend £15 on a bottle of booze that I'm not going to drink but... they're very glittery and er, gay! I think you've maybe convinced me...

seahorse: it's wishful thinking that i'm over nigeria at this point! I am still in bloody Zone 6...
oh joy!

Timmy said...

OH! OH! OH! I'm getting moist looking at the Absolut Disco Bottle. I had heard about them but haven't been able to find one here in Houston. Thanx for the pic. I'm going to copy and paste and put it in my blog (and give you credit of course).

Yesterday a I received a card in the mail that says, "for the record... the only problem I have with alcohol is that I'm running low on vodka."