Wednesday 20 February 2008

Comedy or drama

There is a very fine line between comedy and drama.

You can take any very over-dramatic / violent / full-on film, add a slapstick soundtrack and it would be comedy.

I tell you this because it explains one of the "problems" I have which is: I laugh when I should cry (but not vice versa, funnily enough...)

Instead of seeing a problem, I see the funny side.

The downside of this is that I am constantly accused of not taking things seriously.

The upside, however, is that I still manage to retain a sense of humour, when it has failed all others.

Why do I say all of this?

1/ I am still at Heathrow
2/ Our flight has been delayed by 13 hours
3/ I am still in the same clothes as yesterday
4/ I spent the night at a shit hotel, where there was no food

The flight is supposed to leave at 9am but Virgin Atlantic aren't even sure of that.

Please can we all pat me on the head and go "poor Bobby / shame for you / that's terrible" etc. You can point and laugh too...

I don't really know what else to say at this point because I have run out of inspiration yadda yadda. The fact that it is 6.30am may also have something to do with my lack of

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a huge shame bobby. i'm quite an impatient person and like to stick to a strict schedule. honestly, 13 hours is an exceptionally long delay. but don't worry, you'll be in capetown (or keptun) in no time, strutting along the beach, all sexy, winking at hotties.

Anonymous said...

poor Bobby / shame for you / that's terrible

Bobby feel for you with this one - i've done the 13 hrs at Gatwick - Continental had the plane on the wrong side of the Atlantic. At least you got a hotel - I spent the entire time in the airport and got questioned by the police as a security risk.

Make sure you push for compensation when you get home - I got the entire return ticket price as airline credit for my next trip.

I'm sure the rest of the trip will make up for it for you.

Timmy said...

oh bummer! that sucks! you know the part about being in the same clothes...oh and still being at the airport.

Splicer said...

Ohh, Im so sorry. This just means you have to have that much more fun once you get there.

WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!!!

Superdrewby said...

well at least you got a hotel room - even if it is one of those god awfule airport hotels at heathrow!

ANDRE said...

OH MY GOD.

No food...

You are gonna look so hot on the beach!

firstimpre55ion said...

Bobby, you know...they have a sorta movie category of a dramedy...hehehe!

And wow...at least you crashed in a room and not on the concrete carpet of an airport!

But at least you have something to look forward to at the end of this trial and tribulation!

Stay sexy! ;)

Bry

Matt said...

Think yourself lucky. Qantas had me stuck in Jo'burg for 24 hours after New Year. I bet the hotel and food were worse.