Tuesday 11 December 2007

Seething

No offence if it's your birthday today but I think 11 December 2007 is going to go down as one of the shittiest days this year - which is saying something given that the year ends in two weeks.

I don't really believe in star signs and good or bad luck because I always think of a quote the golfer Gary Player once said.

He said "the more I practice the luckier I get..." which I really believe.

However, if there is a God or if there is such a thing as bad luck, today it shat all over my sad little life.

Five good things that happened today:
1/ Er...
2/ That's it.

Five bad things that happened today:
1/ HR have fucked my overtime up again. In blunt terms it means the £1,500 I was expecting on December 15th (that's when we get paid) will not be paid until 15th January. I don't want it then - I want it now before Christmas. Fuckers, fuckers, cunts. I hope they get infested with the clap.

2/ I learn that I've been pulled off something and moved to work on another project. It means I am working - repeat working, on the following days:

  • 25 December
  • 26 December
  • 27 December
  • 28 December

3/ Someone dropped a tripod on my foot.

4/ I've only just got home (it's 23:20)

5/ The printer at work doesn't work. Actually - this is a small thing but it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Do you know when you battle to get to work because some fucker had too much garlic the night before. And then the train is delayed.

And then you drop your brand new iPod. And your ticket at the barrier doesn't work. And then you realise you forgot your wallet at home.

And then you get told you're going to need to work on Christmas and Boxing Day. And then you see your salary slip and see there's a grand missing. And then you try and print out something and the fucking printer has a flashing red light.

I could have literally picked the thing up and hurled it across the room.

Or opened the flap at the top and just repeatedly slammed it shut. Slam! Slam! Slam! Slam!

As you know, HP printers have those flimsey plasticy covers that make that pathetic slam noise which gets you to want to smash it even more.

Another good way to relieve this kind of raging anger is to bang your fist on the keyboard. Smack the bloody thing so hard until the letters pop out.

I'm failing to see the funny side in anything at the moment.

Oh yeah, and it was fucking cold this morning too.

Dear God / Buddha / Allah / Ying / Yong / Pong / Whatever...

Please make tomorrow be better.

Thank you,

Bobby

9 comments:

Superdrewby said...

sending a hug poor pet you have had a very bad day!

ANDRE said...

Hey you won free clothing!! Doesn't this make u happy? I know, it's not a big prize... What if I add on top of it a hot brasilian dude and a bottle of expensive Barbaresco?

By the way, do you mean this kind of tripod?

http://www.mevproductions.co.uk/TV/Tripods3.jpg

dbh said...

join a union! they would get you your pay on time! also, if you have always had christmas day off then you shouldnt be working it. check your contract. x

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having a bad day. If it makes you feel any better, I definitely kicked my HP printer a few years ago and I think that top thing actually broke off. It was the most satisfying thing ever.

S.B. said...

Awww, I hope today is a better day for you Bobby.

Anonymous said...

Here's the funny part. Your day by comparison to mine was about 10 times better than what mine was.

Trust me on that one.

Carl

Bobby Vanquish said...

Thanks Superdrew. I could do with a hug and a hammer really! x

Andrea: Learning that I am entitled to anything free brightens my day. And I really could do with a glass of Barbarella wine. Send me booze, send me clothes, send me anything.
And yes - it was a tripod like the yellow one in this picture:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/bobbyvanquish/Tower_Full.jpg

Daze: Unfortunately they can move me around - that pay me extra to be able to do that if they want to. I just wasn't expecting the fuckers to do it two weeks before Christmas and then in the same breathe fuck my pay up. I love them.

Lex: I think it's because HP printers seem so plasticy and so flimsey that destroying them seems so satisfying. The only thing that beige plastic should be met with is violence!

Billy Silly: Today - as in after yesterday (the shit day) has been interesting... but much better. Well, it couldn't get any worse so...

Carl: You can't just say that - you're going to have to tell me why!

Anonymous said...

Bobby: You're definitely right. That motherfucker was totally asking for it. And you know that horrendous sound they make when they're printing? Oh that noise burns a hole through my soul.

Mine also had a really unfortunate sixth sense. It knew when things were urgent and decided right then it was going to screw with me. It would run smoothly for weeks, but then all of a sudden when I had a paper due in 6 minutes it would decide that it could no longer be bothered to cooperate with me. It was during one of those episodes that it met its end.

Anyway, good luck trying to refrain from beating yours into a bloody (or inky?) pulp.

Anonymous said...

I typed up some about why I didn't feel comfortable with talking about it in an open forum and then deleted it before I posted it.

My guess is that from the 'feel' you have been able to get on who I am, that it comes as a suprise to you that this one particular guy has suddenly shown an apposite side of paradise. You are correct in your assumption that I am very different than other people and don't fit the mold so to speak. Normally, I don't have a lot of problems either.

You'd be justified in thinking that. Like everyone else, from time to time, bad things happen to me as well. And this time, when it has rained it has poured.

When the dust settles, I will have to pick up the pieces and try to glue my vase back together again.

I won't go into the bad parts, but I'll give you some of the minor things that I can talk about here.

Was rear ended in a few weeks ago. I'm so busy, haven't gotten the car fixed. My licence turned up missing after that. I have no idea where it is. I rememember the officer giving it back to me.

The bank rerouted 4 weeks of direct deposit checks into a total strangers account and it took me some time to get my money back. Over a month as well. I lost a full day of work over that trying to iron it out.

I'm so busy that I literally have trash overflowing from the trash cans at home as I have no time to take it out.

Found a young cat or kitten in the house who got in through the dryer vent. It belongs to someone,as it is trained and has a summer coat on. I can't put it ouside in the winter or it will freeze to death here. I had no choice to drop it off today to have it euthanised as it won't get along with the cat I have. Noone would take it. I knew when I dropped it off, what the outcome would be too. No choice however.

My mother had a heart attack a few weeks ago.

My friend pulled a good one on me on my birthday none the less. It was painful for sure to be treated like that. There's a lost friendship.

I am to be off on vacation as well on the days you listed, and I will guarantee I will end up working because I am so far behind, but work will classify it as vacation anyhow. I will just have to work the days on my vacation period.

Those are the minor things actully. The major things I didn't list as I can't talk about what took place in this forum. It's not private here and they were very painful.

Carl