Tuesday 18 December 2007

The quick brown fox jumps

We had a work party last night to celebrate er, well - for no reason at all.

It was supposed to be a Christmas party but because everyone pretends their too cool for such things we just called it a "team dinner".

Well. The place I work at is renowned for being somewhere that is generally infested with too many Jews and poofs so it couldn't really be a proper Christmas party anyway.

But once the crackers were pulled we found paper hats. And of course who am I to say no to wearing a crown?

Yes, I had too much to drink.
Yes, I ended up breakdancing (or trying to...) in the restaurant.
No, I haven't got a hangover.

I suspect this is because I drank a litre of water before I went to bed last night.

This because there's a new 2-litre Evian bottle on the bookshelf that is half full (or "half empty" of course, depending on your psycho-sociographic perception of measurements as a result of your current cognitive attitude towards this wordy bollocks 'n shit.)

So can we all just agree that 2008 is going to be a brilliant year?

Okay, I'm sitting here when I should be going to work, trying to think of something funny to say when I should be er, going to work.

Yeah, here's a picture of an airplane leaving Heathrow.

Oh - and one other thing...

If you can think of a song that would edit well with a film to do with boxing / punching could you let me know. Or leave a comment.
And Eye Of The Tiger doesn't count. Innit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blur - Song 2

ANDRE said...

mmm remember the movie "Girlfight"? Remy Martin's "Unbreakable" was in it and I think it fitted well the whole ethnic/ghetto social background.. So if in your film some latino chicks are punching each other's face, that song will work.

Anonymous said...

what about 'The Final Countdown' or 'Are You Ready To Rumble'
'Survivor' or to be fabulously homosexual 'Fighter' by Christina
hahahahha

Camp!

Anonymous said...

What is a poof?

Carl

London Preppy said...

My boxing song suggestion:

The Prayer - Bloc Party. Right pace and insanely appropriate lyrics

Gabriel said...

i don't feel like dancing - scissors sisters

Anonymous said...

How about:

Beat It, by Michael Jackson
Click Click Pull by Saliva
Freedom by Rage Against The Machine

Do These Help?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Guys - thanks for the song suggestions. Once I've finished what I'm working on I'll try and publish a little snatch of what the song was used for.

I've used one of the suggestions in the final mix so hopefully you can see how it turns out / a little of my work / a pile of shite!

And Carl, a "poof" is a derogatory English slang word for a gay.