Saturday 15 December 2007

Insert title here

I know, I know.

I guess a blog is a bit like a pet and you have to look after it and treat it well and be nice to it.

If this was a young child I'd be done for abuse and neglect. For the last few days I have basically been fighting wars.

Wars with HR, wars with payroll and wars with Camden council (do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a replacement lid for your dustbin without having to pay for it?)

I am tired and wounded and the battles are not over. I fully anticipate winning the war though.

Can I just describe one of the battles to you? (Just nod and say you care...)

I was paid some money for something I did at work except the payroll department overpaid me. I wrote to my boss and said "I've been given too much money."

She said; "oh - well keep it as a gesture of thanks for your hard work."

Now the payroll department have realised their error and have deducted it from my pay check without telling me.

Please can you imagine the anger / paperwork this has created. I really, really fucken hate accountants.

Listen - reading this is even boring me too. I am devoid of inspiration because of the recent 14-hour workdays.

Will you forgive me if I just crawl back to my bed to listen to my iPod and sleep?

In the meantime can I show you my latest boyfriend?

Bobby's latest boyfriendIf anyone knows who this guy is, could they send him to me right away.

A thousand thanks.
(And ten thousand apologies for being so boring, insipid and dull.)

8 comments:

GB said...

Sorry to say that for my tastes, I can't help thinking that guy has a few too many muscles! Still, any port of call in a storm I guess.

Good luck with the accountants.

GB xxx

Bobby Vanquish said...

GB! A few too many muscles - are you mad? Don't tell me you'd only take that as a last resort!?!

If he sent you a message on Gaydar saying "I'm all staked out - come and get me" would you really say "er, hold on while I check my diary..."??

Anonymous said...

He's actually staked out on my bed - I will send him over when i'm done. I'll try and clean him up - but will probably still come under the heading of sloppy seconds.

When you said you were battling with the council I thought we were going to be back on the subject of lavatories on the street. I hope you are flushed with success. You might wan't to try the public health people rather than waste management.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Fleet: So I'm not sure if I do sloppy seconds. On seconds thoughts - you keep him.
And the loo has gone from the pavement. But so have the lids on our bins. We can't put any paper out for recycling because it all goes soggy.
Okay, let's all say it: What a sad fucking small little life I live. Yes, I know...

GB said...

LOL BV. If my memory serves me correctly, it was Frank'n'furter in The Rocky Picture Show who was the first guy to say "I dont like men with too many muscles". But since he said it while he was lusting after Rocky, perhaps him and me would disagree about what 'too many muscles' means! Seriously though, do big muscled guys make sensitive lovers? Or are their over-developed bodies just compensating for deficiencies elsewhere in their anatomy LOL?

GB xxx

ANDRE said...

I wanted to write something supportive and toughtful but I couldn't find the words. I'm absolutely trashed.. hope you had a couple of drinks too, they kinda help when you feel like the world is collapsing on you. ciao bello.

Bobby Vanquish said...

GB: You NEED to brush up on your Rocky Horror history. It was Janet who said "I don't like a man with too many muscles...".
And anyway - what does she know!? The silly cow ended up shagging Rocky anyway...

Andrea: Aaah... you're so sweet. And drunk. That's really one of the reasons why I don't drink when I'm upset because it just makes it worse.
Though actually - I could really do with a boozer.

GB said...

I feel completely deflated BV because you're 100% right of course. I can hear Janet saying it in my mind. So I guess I'll have to give in and enjoy the company of the that muscley guy in your pic after all. Ho hom, I guess things could be worse ...

GB xxx