Sunday 2 December 2007

King of the Castle

I really need to a take a break from the ritual emotional thrashing I subject myself to on a daily basis.

Thanks for all the comments and the e-mails you've sent. It means a lot, yeah.

There's a lot more to write about and it's proving quite difficult at times - hopefully by the end you'll understand why and I'll be rid of a lot of toxic memories that I need to purge.

Anyway, something completely different...

On Saturday night I have to travel all the way to Greenwich for a friend's housewarming party.

Incase you don't know London, from where I live (Zone 2, north) to Greenwich (Zone 3, south) is like travelling to fucken Timbuktu.

It took me two hours to get there but in the end it was kinda worth it. Even if just for a homemade mince pie and some mulled wine, of which I only had a small glass.

There was an interesting cross-section of the gays, from hairy-beary types to Nazi-body-conscious-bitch types who leered at the mince pies as though they were massive great piles of excrement.

I ended up flirting with some Scottish bloke who said he was going to meet mates in Vauxhall and I was welcome to join. NW3 to Greenwich to Vauxhall?! You must be fucken joking.

Instead I left when the first joint came out and started the trek home.

At Waterloo I stopped off to get a bottle of water in an off-licence / bottle store opposite the Old Vic.

And what do I spot in the beer fridge?!

To a Seth Efriken or anyone who's ever lived in Seth Efrika this label basically means "home".

It stirs such emotions in people it could well replace the Seth Efriken flag as an object of national pride.

Because I only had a glass of mulled wine at the party I thought fuck it. I reached into the fridge and pulled out six (yes, bitches - six!) Castles.

On the Tube travelling home I sat and necked five of them. One after the other, saving one for the walk from the tube station to my front door.

Bobby is the King of his CastleI've kept one of the bottles as a souvenir thus proving that I am not really Seth Efriken.

If I was a real Seth Efriken I would line them all up on top of the kitchen cupboard, proudly displaying my ability to consume vast amounts of booze.

I hadn't had a beer for ages and my god, it tasted fucken beautiful. The Castle was ice cold and bitter.

Having downed all that alcohol of course on Sunday morning I was at the gym first thing, doing cardio and abs.

On the way to the gym there's a poster in a chemist window that inspires me everytime I walk past it. I thought it may do the same for you?

Bobby wants those abs...All I want in life is a stomach like that (his stomach I mean...)

Speaking of things I desperately want - if anyone can arrange for me to have him this Christmas, I will love you eternally:

Get that arm. And that chest. And that stomach. Please will someone bring him to me now.

That's all.

Oh yeah, by the way, there's still a fucken toilet on the pavement outside my house. What the fuck!?

9 comments:

Jon said...

I saw a toilet outside of someone's house this weekend. What's up with random toilets being left outside?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Jon: Yeah...

Funny to see them all throne out
You should always loo-k where you're walking
It's all a load of shit
Flush beats a full house.

etc.

Edd said...

it always amazes me that you can fly to the continent quicker than you can travel across Londres.

Anonymous said...

Are you taking the piss? The puns are a bit crap.

I always seem to see them when i'm out walking the Lavrador.

I'm liking the second muscle boy- when I first saw the calender last week this lad reminded me facially of a guy I used to work with and fancy chronically.

No mince pie's for me yet - although I tend to have them more for the dodgy jokes you can do - as per Jenny Eclaire - Minge Pie anyone?

Did any of the body fascists actually try one when they thought no one was looking? Or dissapear off suddenly to the loo for a purge.

Anonymous said...

It's just so bizarre..Did they expect someone would just walk by and think "hmm..I could use a toilet, why not just take this one?"

But now that I think about it, I can't think of what the proper way to dispose of a toilet is. I mean, you can't really leave it out with the recycling can you?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Edd.D: London is ridiculous like that. If I drive to work from home at 6am it takes no more than 15 minutes. At 9am it takes an hour and a half - on the Tube at 9am (twice the distance) it takes 30 minutes. I have never tried the bus because I don't use buses. Ever.

Fleet! Yeah the Nazis pretended not to eat mince pies but then went to the loo to hurl them all back up again, I bet.
And ahh! Your puns are SO much funnier than mine. I hate you.
(PS you're my new best friend - call me every five minutes)

Anon: I dunno what they're thinking but whatever it is, it stinks! And I wanna know about the people who threw it out - what do they have just a hole in the lav now - like they squat?! Bummer man.

S.B. said...

Can you order one of those from Amazon?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Billy: You'd have thought they sold everything on Amazon but so such a fucken luck.
However!
You'll never believe what you can pick up on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-MODERN-DESIGNER-TOP-FLUSH-TOILET-PAN-CISTERN-SEAT_W0QQitemZ250193244894QQihZ015QQcategoryZ71284QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are more than 200 bloody bogs for sale on eBay. What the fuck?! (again)

Edd said...

I know what you mean- I travelled by peasant wagon once- It wasnt pretty.