Monday 10 December 2007

Catalogue of filth

No-one has yet been in touch to say they've found a newspaper I've scribbled on but it hasn't stopped me.

Last Wednesday's Metro, I left in an east-bound Central Line carriage. This paper below I left on a London-bound First Great Western train from Cheltenham.

It's the sports section of the Guardian. Well, I'm hardly likely to read it am I? Sadly, it seems no hunky sports fan has picked up the paper and been in touch.

Maybe the cleaners on the train are too over-zealous and sweep them up before anyone else has the chance to see them.

Then, on Saturday I was on an anti-clockwise Circle Line train from Baker Street to Notting Hill Gate and found an MFI catalogue lying in the train window. MFI is a furniture shop.

Needless to say I didn't leave the defaced catalogue lying around for someone else (i.e. the police) to pick up. Maybe I should have though.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks these models look so smug, content and happy. Naturally it was wonderful to piss all over their homely little lifestyle...

...even if it is just a catalogue.

"Hmmm! In the morning I love heated spunk! Hmmm!"
By the way, the guy in this picture is my new boyfriend. He is quite hot, actually.

"God I could eat some minge".
My comment is rather unfortunate given that the woman in the picture looks a bit like Penelope Cruz.

"Your colleague is putting his willy in my bum and I love it.

Mwhahaha... I love it too! Er, the comment that is - not having a colleague's willy in my bum. I don't allow willys in my bum. (Mum, incase you're reading this...)

Sis, sis! I don't know who scribbled this tastless caption on this photo but whoever did it is sick, sick, sick.

Tee hee hee...

Anyway. This is all too much excitement for one day. I am going to scratch my bum and hang out the washing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bobby try this. Write a message with your blogspot on it and cover it in someway, attach it to a helium balloon and let it loose. See if someone writes and how far the balloon traveled.

Carl

Bobby Vanquish said...

Carl: Maybe that's a good idea you know. At least it beats littering the Tube or making paedophile remarks (jokes) on furniture catalogues. Except there are a lot of trees in my road. What if the balloon gets stuck in the tree?
This is going to take a lot of planning.

London Preppy said...

I'm very disappointed nobody has got in touch yet. Maybe it requires larger volumes. Maybe leave a few more around? I really want this to work for some reason.

Bobby Vanquish said...

London P: I really want this to work too. I think what I'm going to have to do is hijack one of those silly purple London Lite trolleys with the umbrella and scribble on a massive pile of newspapers. Maybe that will work then?
I have started to steal newspapers from the office to leave lying around so we're upping the volume.

Anonymous said...

Bobby, maybe you should try leaving them in places where people are already near a computer (like coffee shops with wifi, for example), so that people are more inclined to see what the note is about.

I would think that if I found one, I would be curious as to what the note was all about, but would probably forget about it by the time I reached my stop, or forget to take the paper with me.

Anonymous said...

Ok, this will be fun! I say try it. Go to a store that can fill baloons. Do, 20 helium filled balloons total. But do five a day for like five days so that they get into different weather streams.

Tell them in the note to respond to your web site and tell where they found the balloon so that you can figure out how far the balloon traveled. Tell them they only need to live their first name and the city they are from and maybe ask them to say a little out the city they found it in and a little about them, such as age, married, single, kids, occupation etc. Ask they were they found it at? Hanging from a tree, alongside a road, in a park etc. Your hope is really if you let 20 balloon go here back from just one person really. But you never know the response could be more than that.

Just trying to help you to try something that would be fun.

I'd use the regular balloons and not the helium balloons. You'd need to make the message stand out someohow and make sure that it is covered from the elements.

Carl

ANDRE said...

I'm not really sure, but I kinda remember from my direct marketing class that the response rates for messages in helium balloons is a bit lower than 1 out of 20...

firstimpre55ion said...

The catalog comments are hilarious Bobby! I was cracking up at work like a crazy in a straightjacket! :P

How's you btw?! Sounds like you're well...heh! ;)

Talk soon!

Bry