Sunday 7 October 2007

Sneaky fags

This weekend has all been a bit blurred.

Firstly because I worked a 21 hour day on Friday / Saturday. 'Why' is a long and boring story and I managed to get a nap between 2 to 3am but it was all pretty stressful.

Then on Saturday I watched the rugby and took a turn at a club for a friend's birthday party. I didn't drink much (a Corona...) and was in bed by 1am.

However, I've started a rather bad habit. It's crept up on me and it's happening while I type this.

I always used to say I was a social smoker and I seriously was. Except er...

Bobby only has cigarettes when he's on full bender at club.

Or sometimes when he's having a drink.

Bobby only has cigarettes when he's on full bender at club or sometimes when he's having a drink and if work gets stressful. Or if he's bored.

I think since Friday I've had about 10 cigarettes. And I really hate it and them. Urgh!

I have to stop. No more "social" smoking and no more sneaky fags.

I've just put out the one I was half smoking now.

My friend Nick started smoking when we were 16 and was at one stage plunged to a 60-a-day habit. It happens so quickly - that slippery slope. He's given up now though.

Urgh. The taste is disgusting and it rapes your lungs. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Today, along with those awful "parties" I'm also throwing fags (cigarettes) into my life's dustbin.

I've always resisted the temptation to buy a packet because I somehow think that's a line too big to cross.

And I really hate "fucken Bobby always smokes my bloody fags, why doesn't he buy his own..." which is a reputation I must have with some people.

When I was in school one of the careers I wanted to get into was graphic design.

I thought (still think) the John Player Special logo is one of the coolest brands because of the sexy design.

I remember buying a packet (just because of how nice it looked) and inhaling the first one.

It was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted and I remember gagging and probably nearly puking.

It's a pity I didn't have the same reaction the first time I kissed a boy.

6 comments:

TheDreamer said...

"It's a pity I didn't have the same reaction the first time I kissed a boy"

I think you're better and stronger than maudlin self-pity. You like boys, you don't care who knows you're gay and you like kissing boys. And you'll find a nice one...

Bobby Vanquish said...

AA: It was supposed to be a joke albeit a bit of a lame one...! A post wouldn't be a post unless I had at least one withering and self-loathing comment. Er...

seahorse said...

yes that did turn out lame lol

smoking aint that bad, *cough cough* *and lights another while pouring the shampoo* its sort of a slimming tonic...less eating on snacky goods. although i have thought about quitting again for good by my 30th, willpower just not strong enough, 1 drink and its game over. Rugby was intense yesterday, u enjoy?

MadeInScotland said...

tell me that last line was a joke-a straight life would be esy, bt you know what if I came back I'd still want to be gay. It *is*/was more fun.

ahoj

ps the first couple of drags give u a buzz-just like poppers, but like poppers-yeugh

Anonymous said...

You should try to stop that habit asap. I have a friend that started smoking to piss off his bf (a smoker) when he was 22, 8 years later the bf is gone but the habit remains. On the other end of the spectrum another is 60-odd and kicked the habit when she went into retirement. So it's always possible.
Personally, if I wanted something to make me gag I wouldn't pick a cigarette.

Anonymous said...

You should have hung the cigarette out of the corner of your mouth when you kissed the boy for the first time and then you would have pueked!

Two birds with one stone sort of thing.... :)


Carl