Tuesday 16 October 2007

Arm coming for ya

Everywhere you look it's bloody rugby, rugby, rugby... which doesn't actually bother me if it means that six feet of pure English beef is stood about ten metres from my desk. I swooned (a bit).

His Mattness was in the building spouting off about how England are going to win while generally just looking very fit.

Yeah, here are some pictures of him with less on...

We approve of this look a lot and we think it should be encouraged.

Except for the dodgy tanlines on the arm...

Speaking of arms, I have been exercising mine at the gym like mad. They are bloody sore. This is because I saw someone while out on Oxford Street on Sunday.

He was in a T-shirt and I was instantly attracted to him. He didn't look good at all and had a rather rotund stomach but because his arms were nice, big and chunky, I was like "hello!"

I think it must be a primal thing - people want big arms so that they can feel enveloped in them. It must be throw back to our basic urge for protection or something.

I'm sure Freud has something to say about it. He has quite to say on a number of things actually.

Take this guy for example...

The hair needs a chop and the earring isn't doing anything for me BUT! because he's got really nice arms, I have to say... I definitely would. Case closed?

Therefore, I've been doing triceps and biceps and hammer curls and lift and dips and pull-ups and now my arms feel like they have ten-tonne weights attached to them.

So what do they look like? Give me a week and I'll show you.

12 comments:

Jon said...

So, you're saying I have a chance?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Jon: A chance what, what? do you have big hulky, hefty arms?

Cooper said...

I've been working out my arms like it's my job too. My theory is that if I have big arms, nobody will notice my gut.

seahorse said...

so dan as ek klein arms het maar 'n groot voel, sal dit werk?

lol

must run, the city calls.

later

S.B. said...

Oh, ARMS are the way to my, um, heart, for sure. I am right there with you, nice arms trump everything else. Well, mostly everything.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Cooper: I hate to sound like mum but...shouldn't you be working / doing your homework?!
(But yes - you figured my game plan. Big arms hide a lot else...)

Seahorse: It's big arms or bust! Dis al.

Silly Billy: Yeah - mostly everything bar er, a nice chest and great legs and a nice, big, fat .... bank account. Obviously. Haha.

Jon said...

Not really. But, my arms are probably the most defined part of my body. :)

Gabriel said...

besides providing a sense of protection, nice arms are pretty handy for heavy domestic chores, rough sex and alternative pillow space. i am all for it! show us!

ANDRE said...

let's do a "show me your I'll show you mine" contest for big arms! i wanna see pics.. whooo! :)

firstimpre55ion said...

Well at least they don't have chicken legs right?

And for yourself, just don't get chicken legs either! It's detestable in mine eyes to see someone with a beautiful v-frame and gorgeously, muscled arms only to look down to see that they are supported by twigs. Why do guys forget that their legs have muscles too?! It's just weird! Or do they not realize they need to proportion out their bodies?! Anyways...I could go on and on about this. But I think I recall you feel the same way on this subject. Yah, seeing some nice, ripped arms is great...but when you see the rest of the package, sometimes it's just a complete turn off. I will though, overlook a rounder belly, cause well, no one's truly perfect right?!

-Bry

Bobby Vanquish said...

Jon: Arms should be the best part of your body! Nice one...

Gabriel and Andre: You show me yours and I'll show you mine. Deal??

Anonymous said...

Er uh.... To hide my gut I just use a loose shirt.