Tuesday 9 October 2007

It's good to talk

I am essentially no different to everyone else. You spot people talking to themselves on the Tube or walking down Oxford Street and even at work.

I once heard a guy at work to himself while sitting on the throne in one of the cubicles.

No, I'm not going to belt out Barcelona while taking a dump but I figure since everyone else in this bloody city talks to themselves I might as well too.

Bobby: So what are you doing?
Bobby: Typing this post er...?

Bobby: Fair enough - what you listening to?
Bobby: Skunk Anansie but I find that I can't listen to music and type at the same time so maybe I'll turn it off.
Bobby: Good idea.

Bobby: You said in a comment yesterday that you were going to tell us about the guy were stalking at the gym.
Bobby: Yeah, Jack my future husband. Well I saw him at yesterday and things went awfully. I saw him again this morning.
Bobby: How did it go?
Bobby: Shitty.
Bobby: I think you'd better tell us about this.
Bobby: I will, I promise.

Bobby: You make a lot of assurances mate but sometimes the delivery is a little shakey.
Bobby: Fuck off mate, I'm sometimes busy and don't get the time.

Bobby: Well make time you fucker. You also kept telling us that you wanted to blog about the time you nearly died in a car accident.
Bobby: Oh yeah, there's that too.
Edit: I did end up writing about this. You can read the story here.

Bobby: And what happened about contacting this Paul guy? Have you done that?
Bobby: No - okay I'll make a list of all the things I have to write about!

Bobby: I don't want to hear lists and I wanna read stuff. And what the fuck are we listening to now?
Bobby: It's Vangelis. There's nothing wrong with Vangelis you know. Especially his early stuff.

Bobby: Whatever - how's gym going by the way? There's been a real lack of pictures recently.
Bobby: Hullo! I can't live my life, write posts and spend the evening photographing myself in my underwear.

Bobby: God, this music's making me sick. Can we please go back to Skunk Anansie.
Bobby: No.
Bobby: Er - mate, I'm making the decisions here.
Bobby: No actually, I'm in charge of the music dude.

Er, if there's anything you'd like to ask or chat about, hit the comment button. It saves me having an argument with myself...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why your blog is funny and entertaining and mine is just boring.

S said...

"I can't... spend the evening photographing myself in my underwear."

Really? That's too bad.

Gabriel said...

let's see - infatuations, group sex, gym stalking, first loves, relocating, esther .... i think we've heard that before. maybe - bad sex with ugly boys, phobias and fetishes. enough to start your juices rolling? hehe....

Bobby Vanquish said...

T: It worries me slightly that you find me arguing with myself amusing.
It's not you I'm worried about - it's me. If I come to believe this behaviour is acceptable I'm going to be talking to the greasy poles on the Tube carriages in no time!

Steven: Yeees... okay, I'll make an effort. I go and find my silver umbrellas and try and get them out this weekend...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes my multiple personalities fight with each other. No we don't. Shut up, who asked you. See what I mean? ;)

Carl

chabang said...

You're ok as long as the voices don't gang up on you and start telling you to kill.....

oh and if you like early Vangelis then check out Yanni; he runs the full gauntlet from brilliant Vangelis type stuff through to hideous sub James Last.

it's a steal pop pickers - not 'alf!

Anonymous said...

I dont't hear voices that say to kill anyone. But, here is a good one.

Once I got a fax from an acocunt and the entire message simply said, "Kill the babies." I had no idea what it meant. Anyhow, later it was explained to me and I went oooooh now I understand. It had nothing to do with killing babies at all.

Off the subject, but I also got a weird fax from a a local law office that said, "Southern El Nino has blown through the southern states and Onion picking has resumed. Please process our paperwork." I was like, "uh... sure ok."

I was like, "What is this mystery message about? I didn't know, so I just went to lunch and threw it out. :)

Carl

Bobby Vanquish said...

Gabriel: Right - you're on. Phobias, fetishes and bad sex. I am going to have to give this some serious thought...especially the bad sex. I hate to admit it but in my time I have had some really, really bad sex.

Carl: It is really too bad! And er, yeah - you really should be careful of the voices in your head. And random messages too. Onion picking is a risky business you know. Apparently.

chabang: I cannot believe the words Yanni Chrysomallis (?) have appeared on my blog. Wash your mouth out now!
Not arf! That said mate, I'm always partial to a little Backman Turner Overdrive mate. So let's do it for charidee!