Sunday 14 October 2007

Rugby, balls, tackle, cliche

I'm never drinking again.

(at which point you have to say; "another Bailey's?" and then I say "yes, please...")

Anyway... so I'm never drinking again. Friday night was severly drunken and again last night with the rugby on I got hammered again.

Going to the pub I never said that I wasn't going to drink - I just kept saying "Bobby, don't go too mad."

Of course I got absolutely fucking wrecked.

Two things were nice about going to watch the rugby.
1/ England winning er, actually this list may go on a little longer than two...

So the first is England winning. Then, the crowd I was with, three of them are colleagues though we are friends.

Odd though it seems, at the place I work at it's common to make really good friends who become friends outside of work.

Infact it's the most incestuous place in the world when it comes to staff marrying each other. It's because we're all fucked up meedja types - and I don't mean that as a back-handed compliment.

So anyway the pub was packed and the second good thing was that rugby attracts a pretty middle to upper-middle class set of fans. Nice straight men with good hair and some taste.

Because England were winning there was a lot of communal hugging with quite a number of really fit guys. And hello! they instigated the bonding but like fuck am I going to say no.

At the end of the match Beautiful Matt - who I work with who's beautiful, he deserves an entire post actually... - put me in a headlock and rubbed his knuckles on my head. (does that have a name?)

I think it was the fastest time I have ever developed a semi.

Speaking of semis - because France lost it is only appropriate therefore be very cliched and post a worn-out picture of Frederic Michalak.

The third good thing about the rugby is that before I left I stuck £10 on "France up at half time and England to win". The odds were 10 to 1. £100 return isn't bad.

Titwank - I wish I'd stuck down £100. So I've immediately gone onto Ladbrokes and gone mad for the SA v the Argies. Obviously.

We've got money on:
Bryan Habana to score for SA
Monty to score points (I'm tempted to stick £100 on this given he's by far the highest-scoring player this tournament).... oh whatever, it's too boring to list them all. Listen, one bad thing happened.

I drunk-and-dialled and what's worse is that I have fucking Gmail on my phone which means the people I can't phone when I'm pissed, I can now e-mail.

My phonebill is going to make my fucking credit card bleed because I drunk-dial South Africa.

Do you know the person who phones you up and midnight slurring and screaming down the phone? I hate it when I'm that person.

I feel like shit. Shivvery and fragile and wooly and shit. I hate alcohol.

I am never drinking again ever.

8 comments:

seahorse said...

Ive booked us a suite next month at the 6star Betty Ford. Ive heard wonderful things..maybe i'll reschedule for after New Years..

Now that headlock with a knuckle bit...I fink i figured out its name, that is the 'boere cuddle' lol

Yesterday was a great game and glad ungerland won so we can fuck them up later.

Don't you love being drunk and the only evidence is that bloody mobile we carry on us...4am texts or calls and recently i dit it again to my boss thank fuck it was a blank text.

Enjoy the game later, and remember, tomorrow is Monday. A boring possible day off.

WillySmith said...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nuggie

Cheers!

Jon said...

Headlock and rubbing knuckles on your head = Noogie.

firstimpre55ion said...

Hey Bobby!

What caused your semi is called a noogie! See here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noogie

Again, how many times have you said you'd never drink again...just face it, it's okay for a few drinks, but going overboard is a self choice! lol

Glad you had fun...glad you didn't drunk dial me! :P

-Bry

Anonymous said...

" put me in a headlock and rubbed his knuckles on my head. (does that have a name?)"

Think its called a Noogie

Bobby Vanquish said...

WillySmith, Jon C, fI and Fleet... a noogie! Thank you.
At first I thought it was called a Five Knuckle Shuffle but I think that's slang for a wank.
Yes - that's why Beautiful Matt did to me. And I love every minute of it.

S said...

So, you wanna go out for drinks tonight?

Bobby Vanquish said...

Steven: Yes please, thank you for asking.