Tuesday 27 May 2008

Thank you

Tomorrow you will wake up and put on your clothes and go to work. Or maybe you'll take the day off.

At work, you'll do your job and then leave. You'll go to home perhaps stopping at the gym along the way.

At home you could watch some TV and then go to bed.

Perhaps at some point you will turn on your computer and surf the web. You may even read a few blogs.

At some point you might think "that Bobby was quite funny sometimes."

Or "that Bobby guy wrote very poignantly."

Or perhaps you might think to yourself, "I wonder whatever happened to that Bobby character. I wonder where he is?"

Sometimes I will wonder about the people who read the crap I wrote.

I was sometimes angry, others in a fabulous mood. Sometimes I was drunk.

I don't want this is turn into a farewell tour that would make Frank Sinatra blush so I'll keep it short.

When an actor has run out of script, the show must end.

When a car has run out of petrol it has to stop.

When someone who writes a blog runs out of things to say, he must stop.

So, to the order of play...

First we'll have the recap, then the thanks and finally the good-bye.

The recap.

Yeah, along the way I hope you've enjoyed the nonsense I wrote. I have had fun doing it, I really have.

But there comes a time when you find yourself sitting in front of a blank screen not knowing what to type next. I am happy, I am content.

In less than 2 weeks I will be 30. I am looking forward to it. My life is good. Let's be honest - that doesn't really make good blog, does it?

Before I went away for 7 days at the beginning of the month, I was in the same position as I am now. Wondering to myself why I do this?

I thought about stopping this blog then but I came back and decided to give it a second chance.

I don't know at which point my heart left it, but it has.

Of course it's a little sad at first but I hope you'll understand why I've decided to stop.

I want to end on a high, not finish because everyone drifted off into a malaise of indifference.

The thanks

Thank you for reading this. Thank you for making comments where you have done. Thank you for the e-mails - especially the ones where you introduced yourself to me for the first time. It was wonderful to meet know and you know that you were there.

Thank you for the advice.

Thank you for linking to this blog, if you did. Thank you for putting up with me writing posts and taking them down again. No, I'm not going to do it again with this one! :-)

There's nothing nicer than writing something that connects with someone and they respond. Thank you for responding.

Thank you for taking an interest in me and thank you for coming back again and again and again.

I really want to thank you.

To each and every one, thank you so very much for taking the time to say hello, or comment or e-mail and even hurl abuse. Every comment you have left, I have kept.

Every e-mail you've sent me I will keep, I promise. (Thank god for Google Mail!)

And in the years to come I will look back through them with very fond memories.

If there's two words I want to leave you with, it's thank you.

Good-bye

And so this is the bit when we come to the end.

I started around ten months ago and even back then I thought this Bobby Vanquish idea was a bit clumsy. It kinda morphed around a bit and now the idea has run its course. But I had a great time.

I know you're thinking this is a bolt out of the blue and in a way, it is.

Lingering good-byes become tedious.

I also didn't want to say "guys, I'm going to bring this blog to and end" and then spend a week bumping along the ocean bed wondering when to stop.

I'm sitting on my bedroom floor looking out of the window.

In a short time I am going to close the Mac, go to the kitchen and get a glass of water.

I have a life to live and you have one too.

So go now and live it. And whatever you do in life, do it with gusto and compassion and love and gratitude and without regret or anger or bitterness.

I am going to try and do the same thing too.

I wish you good health and prosperity. I wish that any or all of your issues find their resolution.

Above all I wish you happiness and love and good tanlines.

With love and light, always.

Bobby x