Tuesday 20 May 2008

Invisible Touch

As you know, I'm totally retentive about certain things like:

1/ Hands must never touch toilet seat ever
2/ Shoes that have been worn outside are banned from my bedroom
3/ The only clothes ever allowed to touch any part of my bed are my pyjamas

I tell you this because it gives some insight into the cadenza I've having with my iPod, especially when iTunes decides it knows which artwork goes with which album.

It's my new obsession.

Every album has to have the correct artwork.

I will only rest properly at night once this has been achieved.

It's the digital equivalent of trying to fall sleep with the cupboards doors open. I can't do it.

For example, I nearly had a panic attack when I loaded the soundtrack to Little Shop of Horrors and this is the artwork iTunes downloaded...

WTF?!

Lets compare and contrast the Little Shop of Horrors with Snoop Dogg:

Three songs from 'Little Shop':
We'll Have Tomorrow
Somewhere That's Green
The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth


And three songs from 'Snoop Dogg':
Kapone's Derelickt Lair
Shake That Shit
My Dead Homie


I dunno...maybe iTunes sees a similarity where I don't.

Anyway, here's something from the I-don't-have-a-clue-who-this-person-is-but-because-we-go-to-the-same-gym-we-must-gossip-about-them file.

So last week I was intrigued to see this guy tanning to himself to toast.

He got into the can for five minutes, got out and went to shower then got back into the tanner for another five minutes.

The process must have repeated three times and I wondered why it was that he was so desperate to get a tan?

He looked young, had an above-average body but wasn't exceptional.

Well, fast-forward a few days and an explains reveals itself, courtesy of a London clubbing website...

Turns out he's a dancer at Beyond / Area.

We can all agree that he looks ridiculous given that his skin colour is practically orange.

And yeah, to answer that question... no, because I saw him in the Sainsbury's yesterday, holding hands with some woman who had very large boobs.

That's what reminded me of the story.

And then I snapped this picture...

I've heard about delays to the Jubilee Line but this is fucking ridiculous.

13 comments:

seahorse said...

well when you the spraytan man again tell him to go where posh goes. With regards to that pic of guys waiting for tube absolute awesome! Love it.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Yes, and that's another well written, legible and intelligent contribution from Knysna's famous Seahorse then.
(What?!)

Anonymous said...

Weird things I do.

For years, I had to eat out of one plastic bowl and never touched the other bowls.

At one particular restaurant when ordering, I have only ever used one line even thought there are several lines to choose from. I have to push the same button for service that I have been pushing ever since I could drive at age 16 for some strange reason.

My roomate in college couldn't settle down unless the handle on the typewriter carrying case was pushed all the way in as he could see it from where he was sleeping. What a nut!!

Anybody else do strange things in here?

Carl

Anonymous said...

Bobby - classic OCD - welcome to the nuthouse - I might be a bit late - busy making sure all the taps are off, light switches are off and the door is locked.

Your new obsession reminds me of that gut wrenching feeling you get when you realise your computer has crashed, needs reintalling adn you didnt back up your mp3 collection properly so you are going to have to re rip your entire cd collection.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Carl: You're the madman! haha... i think everyone is OCD to some point actually. i have a few more but not many - i think mine are actually more for health reasons - like i don't like putting my head against the head rests in trains. it's why - if I go on public transport, i have to put a cap on.

Fleet: So don't mention the word back-up. i think about it all the time and I HAVE to do it because i know tha there's going to be an occasion when someone pulls the plug on this laptop and the whole thing sinks down the drain, information and all!
i have so gotten over checking the stove because i just think, if the place burns down, fuckit.

dickophile said...

ew. why must everyone turn themselves into an oompa loompa?

seahorse said...

You are evil and must be destroyed! Im tryin to pack for Alabama. What shall i wear? HaHa.. Skimpy shorts in 40degree weather to impress rednecks or shall i go black Hugo full on to support the mammas? (wat?) presies..

Bobby Vanquish said...

dick: he's medium height so not that much of an oompa loompa... but still - i wouldn't imagine that he devours satre or dostoyevsky in an evening.

seahorse: what?! So you start well - talking about alabama, and packing and it seems the weather's going to be hot but then ... huh?? i bet you're drunk again.

Anonymous said...

Hey, was that line that guy did a 'short' one?

I mean, did he have to continue doing it over and over several times just to get enough? :)

Carl

Bobby Vanquish said...

Carl: it was plenty ;-) x x

seahorse said...

mmm... No comment. I am flying so much dont know the difference between first and bobby class no more! Lol. Last year was chilled now i'm spinning outta control this year! Miskien so klein bietjie te veel Martinis in...

Anonymous said...

I think he has large boobs too, not a great look when you consider that most homos go for muscular pecs!!

Bobby Vanquish said...

Seahorse: ??

Anon: he looks quite muscular but actually it's all rather soft. when i've seen him at the gym his arms are quite worked out but that's about it.
he also needs to lay off the carbs.
but that's just me being a bitch.