Thursday 1 May 2008

Talking talons

A little hang-over from my fat days means that I'm generally flattered by anyone who takes a shine to me.

I really do need to get over it because sometimes it gets me into tricky situations.

For instance, if I'm in a gay bar ("I wanna take you to a gay bar, a gay bar") I hear the following quite often from friends; "why the hell are you flirting with him!"

And I have to say that I wasn't flirting, I was just being friendly.

By which stage, the guy who I was chatting to thinks me and him are on the threshold of commitment rings, a chauffeured pink Rolls-Royce and two his & his Retrievers named Judy and Liza.

So for the rest of the evening all I hear is "Bobby was flirting with some really odd guy" while I repeat "no mate, thanks but can you take your hand off my crotch now."

For instance, in South Africa I was in a bar called The Loft (you have one go to guess in which part of the building it's located in...) and there was a guy who I thought looked lonely and upset so I went over and started talking to him.

I don't think he looked that shifty, he was very interested in London and said things like "I always wanted to live in the UK."

Okay, it was a little unusual when I pulled out a R200 note (the highest denomination) and he said "wow - I've always wanted to have R200 notes."

And it was even more odd when, shortly afterwards, he made a point of telling me that he was. going. to. the. toilet. now. which. are. just. over. there. where. that. door. is.

Cue Andrew who bounds over and says "what the fuck - Bobby, that's a fucken crack-head rentboy... can't you tell? He sleeps in a shelter. I can't believe he's in here because they always have to kick him out."

And I just thought he looked a bit lonely and wanted to chat to someone.

I tell you this because we have a new guy in the office.

He's definitely not my type but because I was friendly to him on the first day, everyone thinks I was flirting with him and therefore I want to sleep with him.

Even straights who love to tell you how all their friends are gay, still can't seem to budge that perception that all gay men shag each other. (Fair dos to them for thinking that actually...)

Anyway.

So I don't know where this story is going? Um. I can't really remember.

I think that's what I wanted to mention. About straight people thinking that all gays shag each other.

No, it was something else. Oh well, it will come to me. At four in the goddam morning.

I am very charitable when it comes to guys actually. I'll talk to anyone. Except guys who spit when they talk. Or guys who talk RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!

And how important is this to you... okay, so you've met a guy in a bar...

...


This bit of the post I've cut because I was making rather unfair generalisations about British men being bad in bed, hung up about sex while generally having long fingernails and all of them wanting to wear Margaret Thatcher's stockings.

So rude.

We're not rude on this blog. We love everyone. Except...

okay, sh!

...

And then I'm going to go to bed and fantastise about sleeping with all my gay friends. Because that's what we do.

9 comments:

dickophile said...

great. now you've totally ruined british men for me. thanks bobby. what's next? the aussies?

Timmy said...

include me in your dreams, ok? :-)

Bobby Vanquish said...

Dick: Oh dear... most British guys are not that bad. Except that they all have hang-ups about sex. In addition to their bad teeth.
Not that I want to generalise or anything.
I don't even know where this nastiness came from? Like what? Please can you look at the time - I am at work. Not good.
Okay, no slagging off and no unfair generalisations. It's not fair and it's boring and it's not funny.

Timmy: Okay fine.

dickophile said...

so have you ruined a life long fantasy....or saved me? hmm. i'll give this some thought. but in order to do that i need more details. what are these sexual hang-ups? also, how well are they hung? cause the one does in fact decide wheather or not the other is important.

W said...

Your totally right of course - I end up arguing with the boy about 3 times a week becuase of my sex hang-ups.

It was easier being single because you can just go out and get wasted/ fucked up to the point where they vanish. Being in a relationship means you have to start facing things like emotions (shudders).

On the other hand, he is Italian, so its not all my fault

Anonymous said...

Before I embraced my gay life I actually did think that all gay guys slept with each other! How disappointed I was.

You're right though, all my straight friends assume the gay contingent have debauched threesomes with each other on a regular basis.

firstimpre55ion said...

Hrm...I didn't see all of the post with the criticism and stereotypes, but I'll assume...

And no one's commented on your affinity for talking to those who one would not normally talk to. To that I say so what? So what if your friends are having issues with who you strike up a conversation with? You're getting out of your comfort zone, and if anything, you're showing a new found confidence.

And back to the comment about us gays shagging all your friends and such...I think it's very prevalent in LA/West Hollywood...You can definitely see the same crowd day in day out...but that's a whole 'nother story!

Bry

Anonymous said...

Stereotypes arefun - i've got a work colleague who is after a GBF (gay best friend - dont know where she got that one from) to rent out her spare room as she thinks gays are tidy - yet another stereotype to be destroyed. I think im going to set her up with one of my 21 year old mates who is looking for a place to live - and see how tidy she thinks he is after a month.

seahorse said...

oh fuck i am having fun catchin up. So baie in kommen i tell ya.