Monday 9 March 2009

Bobby Vanquish

Revisiting an old blog is like opening a shoebox that you've had hidden under the bed.

It's not just the old posts that bring back so many memories but you begin to recall where you were when you wrote them and what you were feeling at the time.

I decided to kill this blog a week before I turned 30. Time's change, your attitude shifts and you move away from things.

At the time it felt like the right thing to do. It still does.

I have thought about deleting it but having looked back over it, I am not going to.

I spent hours writing the posts and hundreds of people interacted with it by leaving comments and in a sense cared for what I was doing.

Even though the site hasn't been updated for nearly 9 months it is still attracting visitors thanks to links on other sites that people haven't changed.

Perhaps you're reading this because you still have a link to the site in Google Reader or maybe you're new and have just surfed to the blog.

Whatever the case, please enjoy a little snapshot of my life between 28 July 2007 and 28 May 2008. I can't believe it was so long ago that I started it.

Some of it is very personal, some of it ridiculous and I make no claims to any of it being good.

I hope that perhaps you find some of it relevant.