Wednesday 14 May 2008

Hang On Little Tomato

"Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette.

I hate her so much...... That... it... it... flamed - flames. Flames, on the side of my face, heaving... breath - , heaving breaths. Heaving breath... "


So anyway.

First, a random story from the gym, this time about a guy who's really irritating me.

He is rather overweight but he walks around like he's fucken Gods-gift.

He wafts from one machine to the next and doesn't really do anything, except get in the way.

But that's not what's irritating.

The thing that really gets me, like someone coughing relentlessly in the cinema, is that everyday he wears this oversized black T-shirt and on it, in huge white letters it says "Richard Ashcroft is a God."

I just want to walk up to him and ask "so what miracles has Richard Ashcroft performed?"

"And tell me, because I really want to know this - did he turn water into wine? And do you really believe that Richard is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. I really want to know this."

I dunno why it pisses me off but it does. It's like someone who has a face that just makes you go "argh!"

I'm pretty sure on his blog he speaks kindly of me too.

And just as his T-shirt irked me, so this truck amused me...

I presume that they're drain cleaners or something. The truck was parked outside White City station.

(Who thought "Kimmy - but you ARE effluent", when they saw the picture?)

I love the pink colouring and decorative font, like clearing crap from the drain is somehow a classy business.

I think they need a company motto, something like "proudly pumping your clogged shit, since 1983."

The exciting thing is that we've been moved around the building because our old offices are being redone. This means we're near one of the studios.

Tonight I went into one of the staff galleries for a viewing. Here's what I saw...

Above is the audience waiting for the host... they're all sat there excited and nervous. Who are the guests? Will he be funny?

If they'd read in the newspaper they'd know who was going to be on but then again, who reads the newspaper?

After Woss has come on and everyone has applauded, he sits down and makes some jokes and everyone laughs.

Ha ha - what a funny guy. Because it is all spontaneous and everyone loves Wossy.

And now it's time to get out our first guest and he's the Prime Minister from 'Little Britain' aka that dude from Buffy.

And from where I'm standing the light is in the way but I don't want to sit down because the carpet hasn't been cleaned since about 1972.

And then Andrew Marr appears and then it's time for Sarah Jessica Parker and I listen to her for a while but the phone goes and whoops I'm late for dinner.

So onto the Central Line to Holborn where I'm meeting a friend for dinner.

At Holborn station I get off and something under the seat catches my eye.

Look! It's a protein shake, exactly like the one I had for breakfast...

I think to myself "haha - what a small world" and "such a conincidence" but then it dawns on me that this is neither. It is an empty bottle under a seat at Holborn Tube Station.

It's actually not that interesting really.

Oh yeah and the other thing is that I've kinda started to see someone.

16 comments:

dickophile said...

you're seeing someone?! and you don't decide to lead with that? so. who is he? is he hot? is he hung? is he british? is he hot? and who is yvette?

Timmy said...

and right now I'm reading your blog and watching the finale of America's Next Top Model. does that make me an uber-gay?

Monty said...

ooooh! Who who who??? :-)

yani said...

That's my favourite quote from one of my favourite movies! :)

And nice action sneaking in the actual news in the last line there... sneaky!

Anonymous said...

Is that a teaser to see if someone is really there? Please tell all!
Justin.

W said...

you found an empty bottle of protein shake on the tube, my boyfirend finds a £1000 watch. Funny hey? Know anywhere

as a man of the world maybe you can tell me the law in this situation?

You may also know of a good pawnbroker...

TheDreamer said...

Teaser!!! Sounds good. We are all waiting for more news! And welcome back...

rickisimus2 said...

And you say in the LAST line you're seeing someone??? You HAVE to tell us ALL (please).

Good luck!

Bobby Vanquish said...

Okay so it's nearly midnight and i was up this morning at 6am and I am back up tomorrow morning at 5.30am.
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...
okay - so I'll tell you who he is - but in a moment because i am going to drop dead of exhaustion.
i need sleep.
Timmy: UBER! the zenith!!!
Dick: ask yani who yvette is... (shark fin soup madam!!!)
okay, I am raving - this must top. g'bye for like five hours. fuck fuck fuck fuckf c...
YAWN!

dickophile said...

oh clue! i liked that movie. but the last time i saw it was a couple years ago so i don't remember the quotes.

Alpha Omega said...

CLUE IS THE BEST DAMN MOVIE!!!!!!

Bobby Vanquish said...

06:17 - that is the time. Thanks...when i wrote the last comment I had just got home. I am now at work.
If anyone says "you don't work hard enough", I will smack!

So Alpha & yani: you got it!! I dunno why but I seem to be able to remember most of the lines from the movie, "Mr Boddy's body - it's gone!" etc.

And W - isn't the law finder's keepers - unless you're feeling altruistic and want to take it to the police? Or London Undergroud.

AA: So thanks - and if you wanna know who this guy is then I will tell you.

There was a whole group of us travelling back on a train about two weeks ago.

And - the story is actually quite a long one - so can we put it in a post? But can we do it a little later, once I have done some work?
Who has hayfever? Shit, I have and it's driving me up the wall. I keep having to turn around to sneeze.

Otherwise there would be a wet sneeze all over the screen. Okay I must work. Okay bye.

seahorse said...

russian hangover. Today not faring well. Having coffee then off to dover. Please let traffic be cool. My fokken kop is seer. Lol

G Starr said...

I don't get who Woss is, but I'm going to assume he's your version of our Rove.
And Caroline's choice of font! She must be one classy lady. Looking forward to hearing more about your mystery man soon.

Anonymous said...

Ah the throes of early courtship, there's nothing quite like it to put a spring in your step.

Bobby Vanquish said...

Seahorse: What is this all about? A Russian hangover? I have never of that.

G: So Woss is what we all call Jonathan Ross - a chat show host guy. We say Woss because he says wock instead of rock.
And Wobit. And wubbish.

Wayne: Well - it's a little more complex then that. I will tell you actually.