Saturday 28 July 2007

The adventure begins

I had a blog once.

Writing it was fun but it was pretty specific - to help me work towards a goal - and when I achieved that goal I had nothing more to say. So I stopped the blog.

But I quickly realised that I missed it. And others missed it too which made me feel very flattered. It's nice when other people look to you for inspiration or amusement. And so an idea formed.

Blogs are great because they allow you to be anonymous which affords you the opportunity to be whatever you like. So I decided I wanted to become a superhero.

The first task was finding a superhero name. I decided to keep Bobby because it's a version of my name in real life but I needed a surname.

So I got out my book of inspiration and found a few of my favourite words, vanquish being one of them. I thought it sounded kinda cool. Y'know, vanquishing enemies and smelly people on the Tube etc.

Vanquish is also the name of one of the sexiest cars in the world. And I also thought that I could have some fun with the 'V'. And I like the letter 'Q' as well.

Since one of my favourite books is Dracula I thought Vanquish also sounded like Vampire. And the bottom of the 'Q' is shaped a little like the 'Y' in Transylvania.

And so Bobby Vanquish was born.

Of course all good superheroes need a superhero car and here's mine. The real Vanquish, an Aston Martin.

Finally, at the end of each post I want to expose my taste in music. Others do it and I find it an intriguing and amusing insight. I've always had music in my life and have racks and racks of CDs as a result.

At the end of each post I want to show you a CD from my collection and explain why I have it.

And so the adventure begins. Who knows where it will take us but I'd be chuffed if you'd join me for the ride.

3 comments:

Edd said...

ha ha, your addicted. I knew it.x

Bobby Vanquish said...

I'm glad an addictive personality is something we share. It's good to be addicted to things like blogging, good taste, vodka and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags.
x x

Sh@ney said...

When I got your email & you mentioned a new blog I was (Hang on - what was that word you used?) CHUFFED too! I have read quite a few on your posts already and you crack me up! But I will comment on those a bit later after I have woken up some more.
Glad your back, hugs mate xox